Ruby Tuesday's (Two Thumbs Up) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruby Tuesday's (Two Thumbs Up)

Does anyone know if any gun site has a list of states where the "NO GUN ALLOWED" sign carried the weight of the law. As I can carry in several states it would be a great resourse to have.
    NYMoose

3. A few weeks ago two brothers went into a small coffee shop in Tulsa,Oklahoma, pulled out hand guns and started beating everyone in the shop in broad day light. took cell phones a laptop computer from a young girl. Took peoples billfolds anything they could get.
    Wanted all the shops money when employees could not open the safe, they beat them real good. No one did a thing to protect themselves they were sheepeople plain and simple sheepeople.
    I am thinking they thought the Tulsa Police would come quickly and save them....wrong real Wrong.
    I can tell you the general Tulsa Police Dept. could care less.
    Arm yourself defend yourself, or take what sheepeople get that being beat to death by armed thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Never ASK to exercise a right. Even if there is a sign SO WHAT? Unless signs carry weight of law (which most of the time they don't) carry anyways. Any person that is more concerned with making a company "mad" at them than protecting themselves has a screw loose!
    These back up that thought:

SCOTUS Opinions:

Norton v. Shelby County, 118 US 425
    "Any unconstitutional act is not law, it confers no rights, it imposes no
    duties, it affords no protection, it
    creates no office, it is an illegal contemplation, as inoperative as
    though it had never been passed."

Shuttlesworth v. Birmingham, 373 US 262
    If a state converts a liberty into a privilege the citizen can engage in
    the right with impunity.

Miranda v. Arizona, 384 US 436
    "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be NO
    rule making or legislation which
    would abrogate them."

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many
    citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced
    into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Mugler v. Kansas 123 U.S. 623, 659-60.
    "Our system of government, based upon the individuality and intelligence
    of the Citizen, the state does not claim to control him, except as his
    conduct to others, leaving him the sole judge as to all that only affects
    himself."
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
    I'll be perfectly honest, first off I'm very new to the CC. But more so, if you know how NY is...this state hates us 2nd amendment ppl and to be on a safe side I do my best to ask. Im sure in time I will be comfty not asking if I dont see a sign. But considering I just got issued my CC in a very tough county....I don't want to give them a reason to make an example(even if I'm acting within the legal rights)

If your going to ask everybody if you can carry, do US a favor and leave the gun at home. Seriously. YOU will be responsible...yes YOU for gunbuster signs going up all over the place! If NY signs have force of law then obey them. But if there is no sign your creating an issue where there isn't one. CONCEALED MEANS CONCEALED! There are many people that get permit in hard places, your supposed to try every thing to fix that! Not make it worse!

Lets THINK about this for a minute, Your in NY, in a hard county to get an unrestricted permit. Where most are probably petrified of guns, NOW your going around asking if you can BRING A GUN into a place??? You say you don't want to loose your permit, what to you think will happen when you get the cops called on you, it won't be a call saying "A concealed carry holder want permission to bring his gun in?" It will go something like this "A GUYS TRYING TO COME INTO MY STORE WITH A GUN!!!!!!!!" How to you think the cops will show! There NOT going to say good job for asking, there gonna kick your ass or worse! Oh yeah and kiss the shiny new permit goodbye.

When you first start to CC it will feel like your doing something wrong, but you've been given the legal authority to do it, end of story!

As I have said sevaeral times, a CCW permit means CONCEALED, keep it that way go wherever you wish eat your dinner, and SHUSH about the dam gun, runnin your yap will cause you unnessessary (STUFF), look at it this way, if you and you wife are done eating and walking to your car, and some SOB jumps you, you MAY have POSSABLY broken a law, carrying in the resturant, but wouldn't you be glad you had your weapon later on, I dont advocate carrying wher you not allowed by law, but some places just put the sighns up, that have no leagal, value, all they can do is ask you to leave, then if you do not you can be charged with tresspase

7. I never understood this and I'm not trying to act like a tough guy but if your gun is concealed then who the heck cares who allows it and who doesn't? I could walk into a store with dancing clowns outside holding signs saying no concealed firearms and I'd still walk right past them carrying. Why? Because I'm not a criminal, I don't print and ill never commit a crime or give any cause to be searched. I'm not saying F the law, I'm saying shootings happen everywhere, signs or not.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Most businesses, ESPECIALLY in states like New York probably aren't thinking about concealed firearms in their businesses. The problem with asking businesses about guns is now they start thinking about it. The situation may very well go from "Don't ask, don't tell, don't care" to "Well.... no we don't want firearms here." I understand being new to carrying a gun, we were all there at one time. I know that I felt like everyone must know about my gun.

Now that I open carry 99% of the time.... almost nobody notices anyway.
    +1 on you not being alone feeling like you need to let them know. I think most people deal with that question when they decide to carry. In my opinion you're better off not mentioning it. The fact is that if you're concealing properly with decent equipment then you are the only one who is aware you have a gun in most cases. If you bring up the subject you may very well be introducing the proverbial "white elephant" into the room as it will then be on people's minds. So my advice is watch for no gun signs and otherwise just relax no one is thinking about your gun but you.
    "Guns are for defending your life not for defending your pride."

I actually prefer knowing which establishments support the 2A, and which don't. That way I can make a choice (if one is available) of who to patronize, and who not to. Thanks for the info.

10. If no sign is posted then that answers your question with nothing said. Just my .02.
    "Guns are for defending your life not for defending your pride."

Quote Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
    I spoke with a District Manager of Ruby Tuesday's in Central, Upstate New York about Carry Conceal topics. He stated that their company has no issue with law abiding CC holders. In fact he would encourage to do so. This is assuming their restaurant is not on a property that doesn't allow weapons (like some malls). I would still check with your local branch, then again that's to your choice.
    AND the food ain't too shabby either! :-)
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast