Businesses Which Allow Employees to Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Businesses Which Allow Employees to Carry

1. Businesses Which Allow Employees to Carry

Are there any? Besides gun shops, that is.

i carry at work. boss even paid for a small, wall mounted, gun safe that i installed. we're a small business in IT and he is a former LEO, so that may have a lot to do w/ it.

4. I hadn't thought of the simple difference between private business and public-owned business. No corporate policies. Just another reason to shop at small businesses.

FNWylde Guest
    Concealed carry or possession is not addressed in my company's employee handbook, I am an investing partner in my branch, and I'm ok with it. Sooo...until I get a memo, that's all I'm going to say.

BTW, though not a common occurence, a few times a year a customer or coworker will come in with his/her latest acquisition, walk into my office or the salesman area and uncase a gun at any time of the day. In the last couple of months we've had on the table my carry pistol, one guy's AR15, a couple of hunting shotguns, and most recently my own WRAC Model 1887 10ga repeating shotgun.

One day maybe a year ago a good customer and friend walked into my office, pulled an XDS out of its concealed holster, shucked the mag and round from the chamber onto my desk and handed me the gun. He was pretty proud of it, we got a laugh and wasted half an hour bs'ing. I'd trust the man with my life; if it had been anyone else besides a few co-workers I'd have gotten a little nervous at the boldness.

Quote Originally Posted by gundaddypv View Post
    Are there any? Besides gun shops, that is.

I'm a teacher and apparently in my neck of the woods, kids are not considered important to society so we remain a GFZ aka, lambs for the slaughter zone. I am not allowed to protect them from a real potential threat. However, we still have fire drills every month even though no students in America have been killed by fire in schools in the last 50 years.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I got to carry at work in the Army (not all the time) and I carry (situation dependant) at work now
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

At my law firm, there are a number of us who carry. I am also a CHL instructor, and I trained most of them!

There's armed security and armored car companies that require you to be armed. I did know of a computer repair store that had a employee walk around the store in open carry.
    I don't think they ever got robbed. Your small businesses may. Large companies are too afraid of law suits. The same with shopping malls. That's why you always see unarmed security officers. Lawsuits ! It's not the property owners fault if a mad gunman comes into a mall and shoots people. If a armed security officer fires a round that hits the wrong person, then that's their fault. That's what companies care about. Not getting sued, they don't care about protecting your life. They want to rely on the Police for that. If a cop hits the wrong person, it's not the mall owners fault, it's the police departments.

No, it is NOT "on the police"...

The US Supreme Court (and Federal Courts at all levels) have repeatedly ruled - for more than 40 years - that Police Officers are immune from consequences for their failure to protect Citizens, regardless of the circumstances.

Neither a public entity nor a public employee is liable for failure to provide police protection service or, if police protection service is provided, for failure to provide sufficient police protection service.

Neither a public entity nor a public employee is liable for injury caused by the failure to make an arrest or by the failure to retain an arrested person in custody.
    Never let an inanimate object know that you're in a hurry!

My people carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast