Kroger stands up to MDA
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kroger stands up to MDA

Kroger stands up to MDA

Yay Kroger!

Fresh off of victories at Target, Sonic, Chipotle, and other stores, Moms Demand Action is taking its fight to the nation’s largest grocery store chain.

The gun control group has its sight set on Kroger to get the food store to prohibit guns, or “kindly suggest” shoppers don’t bring their guns into the store.

Recent demonstrations by open carry activists proudly carrying their weapon in Ohio and Texas stores prompted the group to level aim at Kroger, The Huffington Post reports.

Moms Demand Action has pointed to 12 shootings in or around a Kroger since 2012, one in which a 2-year-old was shot “after a customer tried to intervene in an attempted mugging” in a store parking lot, HuffPo reports.

For now, Kroger spokesman Keith Dailey says the store does not intend to change its policy – for the sake of their employees, and out of respect for their shoppers.

via The Huffington Post:

“Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don’t want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun,” Daily said.

“We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.”

Open carry activists insist that a sign saying that guns “aren’t welcome” won’t affect the targeted audience – criminals and law-breakers – but only force law-abiding citizens to leave their guns at home. Who would protect us then?

The Nation?s Largest Grocery Store Takes an Unexpected Position In Gun Control Fight
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

3. but only force law-abiding citizens to leave their guns at home. Who would protect us then?
    Or more likely, as I would, not shop there at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    “Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don’t want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun,” Daily said.
    Here's some advice for workers of establishments that don't allow guns... It's not your job to remove armed individuals from the store. Don't get hurt confronting security issues for the employer.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The original story, Kroger Under Fire From Gun-Control Moms says:

Moms Demand Action has logged a dozen shootings that have taken place inside a Kroger or in the parking lot of one since 2012.

In June 2013, a 2-year-old girl was shot in a Kroger parking lot in Stone Mountain, Georgia, after a customer tried to intervene in an attempted mugging.

It's impossible to say whether these incidents would have happened if Kroger were to advertise a no-gun policy. Gun advocates are quick to note that criminals are unlikely to abide by polite requests to leave their guns at home.
    That is nicely twisted reality right there. From Kroger shooting suspect identified by police - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com:

Wednesday's shooting took place in the parking of the Kroger grocery store at Memorial Drive and N. Hairston in Stone Mountain. Police said a Good Samaritan had confronted a man who had allegedly just robbed a pedestrian.

"A guy came up to another guy and just pulled off his chain and started running," said Shenequa Brammer, an eyewitness at the scene.

Brammer said the man lost sight of the alleged robber, but then saw him again in front of the supermarket. A confrontation ensued and the alleged robber fired as many as 15 shots into the Good Samaritan's car, striking a 2-year-old child in the abdomen, according to police.
    The Good Samaritan gets shot at by the alleged robber and hits a 2-year-old child as well. Banning firearms or open carry would have changed what exactly?

I shop at Kroger and legally carry in Ohio. Our county didn't vote for 0bama either but the city mayor was a member of MAIG.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The original story, Kroger Under Fire From Gun-Control Moms says:

That is nicely twisted reality right there. From Kroger shooting suspect identified by police - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com:

The Good Samaritan gets shot at by the alleged robber and hits a 2-year-old child as well. Banning firearms or open carry would have changed what exactly?
    Bloomberg is a con artist and his mindless minions like MDA have been sucked into his scheme. They wouldn't know the truth if it slapped them in the face.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

I carry in my local grocery stores and sometimes it is in a OWB holster with just a loose fitting t-shirt covering it so I know it prints but no one has ever said anything and that is the way it should be.

9. Sometimes, I feel like I am the only one that open carries.

Sent from my Trio Stealth_10 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gfrlaser View Post
    Sometimes, I feel like I am the only one that open carries.

Sent from my Trio Stealth_10 using USA Carry mobile app
    You are not alone my friend!

Sent from my DL700D using USA Carry mobile app

I shop at Kroger and see lots of people open carrying. Part of the norm here.

Life Is Good.
    AMERICA'S EPITAH
    Just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast