WTB In Need of Miscellaneous Handgun Ammo for Classes

Thread: In Need of Miscellaneous Handgun Ammo for Classes

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota

In Need of Miscellaneous Handgun Ammo for Classes

I am In need of Miscellaneous Handgun Ammo for future NRA Basic Pistol Classes. If you have a few extra rounds of any caliber lying around, or are willing to give up a round or two for training purposes, please let me know. They will not be fired, just put in a clear case for people to see.

I am also trying to find bullets that have been fired and recovered for expansion comparison purposes.

Thanks Everyone!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Contact a local NRA training counsler in reloading. They sometimes can help with displays and aids. This is how I got a lot of the bullets I use in classes.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by LGH View Post
    Contact a local NRA training counsler in reloading. They sometimes can help with displays and aids. This is how I got a lot of the bullets I use in classes.
    Sweet! Thanks a lot!

Don't forget the "NO LIVE AMMO IN CLASS" rule. Be sure that the primer pockets are empty or double check to ensure that they are not "live".

I have bullets in the following calibers: .50 (AE or .500 s&w), .44, 10mm (same as a .40 s&w), 9mm (same as .357 sig, or .357mag), .223, .22.

I have brass for the above calibers as well as an assortment of other brass acquired on the range. Only a few .454 Casull, .50AE, .500 s&w, lots of .40 s&w, 9mm, .22LR, .223.

Let me know what you need and how to get it to you.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Don't forget the "NO LIVE AMMO IN CLASS" rule. Be sure that the primer pockets are empty or double check to ensure that they are not "live".

I have bullets in the following calibers: .50 (AE or .500 s&w), .44, 10mm (same as a .40 s&w), 9mm (same as .357 sig, or .357mag), .223, .22.

I have brass for the above calibers as well as an assortment of other brass acquired on the range. Only a few .454 Casull, .50AE, .500 s&w, lots of .40 s&w, 9mm, .22LR, .223.

Let me know what you need and how to get it to you.

gf
    Besides, the empty, or used primers, another trick is to paint the demo ammo brass with a green stripe. In addition a great idea is to drill a small holes in the side of the case.

This will make triple sure you are not bringing any live ammo in the classroom.

One round is all it takes for a catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Besides, the empty, or used primers, another trick is to paint the demo ammo brass with a green stripe. In addition a great idea is to drill a small holes in the side of the case.

This will make triple sure you are not bringing any live ammo in the classroom.

One round is all it takes for a catastrophe.
    Thanks for the tip!

Glock Fan, I got the package you sent me today. I don't even know how I can thank you enough for your help!

Thank You!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    Glock Fan, I got the package you sent me today. I don't even know how I can thank you enough for your help!

Thank You!!!!
    Glad I was able to help. Here's where I buy my "dummy" cartridges, which I use for the "dry fire" portion of my classes. It works well for "ball & dummy drills" as well. Oregon Firearms Academy LLC Pro-Shop - Training Cartridges

The brass is genuine Starline brand nickle plated brass, so it's very durable. The bullet portion of the cartridge is a bright color, which facilitates finding in a grassy area. I like the way that they make the .40 s&w dummy cartridge bright yellow/green to make it easier to identify when placed next to a 9mm dummy cartridge.

Let me know if you need any more stuff or other assistance.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor