WTB SC, Remington Nylon 76 Stock - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC, Remington Nylon 76 Stock

I got your PM, dlgorman. Thanks for the info. I'll try to find some and see what it will do. Since mine is broken completely in half I hope it will be strong enough after the repair. The metal cover may help in keeping it together. Thanks again!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

3. Broken Stock

I would recommend that you do not use the phenol. It is really bad stuff!!! I have talked with Remington and they recommend formic acid. I might be able to send you a small amount. A lot of the 76 rifles have broken under the receiver cover because of the stress. I'm not at all sure that the solvent(formic acid) would make it strong enough, especially if it broken in two pieces. I may have an extra stock if you are interested. Some people have also used a soldering iron trying to fuse pieces together. If I can help in any way let me know. Bill

Here are a few others that are in the phenol family. m-cresol, phenol with methanol and resorcine with methanol. I'll check on formic acid also. Thanks for the info!
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. Try again

Hope this works

6. Try more

More pic

Looks good. What's the mark at the top of this pic?

8. 76

I bought this stock several years ago thinking that I would use it some time. I really don't know much about the stock other than I cleaned it up. The grey area is where a lot of wear usually occurs when shooting this rifle. It is a common problem for this model of nylon. It appears that someone has tried to build up this area with something. I would guess that it is body putty, JB Weld, or an epoxy. That is why that I took that picture so that you could see what was done. I will let you return the stock if you don't think you want it. Any more questions just email. Bill

I got the stock yesterday and it's better than I was hoping to find. Thanks Bill!

Thanks for the link, jak71454 and welcome to the site! I bought one from toliter and it's all together now and working great! Thanks again...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast