WTB SC, Remington Nylon 76 Stock
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC, Remington Nylon 76 Stock

SC, Remington Nylon 76 Stock

I'm looking for a Rem. Nylon 76 lever action stock. I have an extra one for parts that has a broken stock. Everything is there so why not make it usable. I've searched Google and checked a few places with no luck. If anyone has one or has a lead to where one may be I'd appreciate it if you would let me know.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I'm looking for a Rem. Nylon 76 lever action stock. I have an extra one for parts that has a broken stock. Everything is there so why not make it usable. I've searched Google and checked a few places with no luck. If anyone has one or has a lead to where one may be I'd appreciate it if you would let me know.
    I have a chrome nylon 76 and it has a split in the stock that doesn't affect it functionally. I'm going to try either epoxy or Gorilla Glue on mine. If your stock isn't too bad maybe you can fix it with adhesive. If the stock pieces are all there, that's probably the best approach. I wish you good luck in finding one but they're as scarce as the proverbial "hens teeth". However, they're really cool guns.
    Last edited by gvaldeg1; 02-01-2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: fix moronic grammatical error
    MOLON LABE

Mine is broken in half just in front of the safety. I haven't tried any adhesives. I did buy a plastic welding outfit to see if that would work. The Nylon starts to granulate instead of melting plus where it's broken it's very thin all the way around the break.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Mine is broken in half just in front of the safety. I haven't tried any adhesives. I did buy a plastic welding outfit to see if that would work. The Nylon starts to granulate instead of melting plus where it's broken it's very thin all the way around the break.
    There are some two-part epoxy putties that can be remarkable for repairs on a variety of materials. The two parts are worked together and then can be molded like clay to repair things. I'd set up a method to hold the parts securely in place and then fill in the missing volumes with the clay like epoxy. After it sets, it can be sanded or filed to shape. It's really very strong material. If the repair looks satisfactory, I paint the stock with some epoxy paint. In any event...it's just an idea. I hope that you can restore the gun to full functionality.
    MOLON LABE

6. I have a Nylon 76 with a black stock. Are you still looking?

Yes I am. Is it just the stock or a complete weapon?

I see this is your first post, Welcome to the forum!

8. It's a complete gun.

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the post but I just need a stock for mine. I have one that is complete and works fine the other one I bought years ago for parts with a broken stock. I thought if I could fine a stock I'd have two of them. Thanks again!

10. I wish you luck in your search for a stock. It's amazing how scarce these guns are.

Remington Nylon 76

I recently purchased one it also has several cracks in the stock. I found a pdf of the field service manual online and has a section on repairing cracks in the stock. It calls for a chemical called phenol, phenol is used to weld the two pieces, then touch up the stock to your desired finish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast