WTS/WTT Tender barrel, dies & brass

Thread: Tender barrel, dies & brass

***SPF*** Tender barrel, dies & brass

SOLD Thanks for looking

I have for your consideration a 10Ē Octagon barrel in 45LC. It is a straight 45LC with no choke etc for 410 as such it a helluvashooter. I havenít shot it in a coons age so might as well get rid of it.
    It will come with foreend & hardware. It's condition is perfect save the usual frame wear marks.

I will also include a set of RCBS carbide Cowboy dies. They are different from RCBSís usual stuff in that they come in a brown case & the barrels of the dies are blued & the rings are brass. It makes for a very pretty set of dies that function perfectly as well. I will also add 2 shell holders (I think they are RCBS?).

Lastly I will throw in 100+ pieces of mixed headstamp brass. Mostly Magtech with Hornady & Starline as well. I really donít know for sure how much I have, it may be as much as 200+ pieces.

$250 TYD or I would like to trade for a variable power pistol scope, tender/G2 frame or custom tender wood. We can work out extra $$$ either way as needed depending on what you got.

Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

That is a T/C barrel? I never heard tender barrel before.

Yes its a Thompson Center (T/C) Contender barrel.

Sorry, "tender" is slang used by Silhouette shooters.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Is that the kind of shooting, where you lay down on a mat, hold a contender at your side, hit a metal target way down range, all without blowing a huge whole in your foot?

That is a G-2? Barrel. Backward compatible with G-1?

All the .45's contenders I have seen had the choke option with the key. This one does not?

Is this a T/c or an aftermarket?

Yes that's it. Most of us manage to remain... unperforated.

G2 is the name of the next gen of tenders. They are of a slightly more robust construction. Contender & G2 barrels are interchangeable. The next incarnation is Encore & they are not compatible with Contender or G2.

The 45/410 was a trend that allowed you to shoot 410's in your 45bbl. The last 2-3in of barrel was a choke. When you actually wanted to shoot 45LC they generally weren't very accurate. This barrel has no key because it is rifled its entire length (no choke). It is very accurate though, off the bags it will shoot a single ragged hole at 25yds.

It is a genuine TC barrel.