WTS: Colt 1911 Government, MK IV, Series '70 (NM)

Thread: WTS: Colt 1911 Government, MK IV, Series '70 (NM)

WTS: Colt 1911 Government, MK IV, Series '70 (NM) SOLD

I am reluctantly offering my 1972 Colt Government MK IV, Series '70 in .45acp for sale. I recently took a firearms training course and discovered that because of an injury to my shooting hand while in the Army I can no longer fire a 1911 without a beaver tail grip safety comfortably. I purchased this Nov. í09 and had sent it to Coltís custom shop to do a reliability package and to guarantee its accuracy.

Youíll note that one of the photos includes the parts that were replaced which I will include and if replaced will return the firearm to its original configuration. There is some holster wear because I use a Blackhawk Serpa but obviously does not affect function. Also note that I have replaced replaced the standard sights with Trijicon Night Sights. When I purchased the gun from a local gun shop they indicated that there had only been about 500 rounds through it and I put less than 1000 rounds through it myself and most of those were before it was sent to Colt's custom shop.

I paid $1200 to the gun shop since it had hardly been used by the first owner. I put another $350 in it for Colt's work. I am willing to part with it for $1000. If requested I can provide copies of my original receipt and the receipt from Colt.

Buyer pays shipping to their local FFL

Last edited by 84B20; 09-04-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Sold
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

Please contact me after 1 Oct

Greetings from Arizona. I am interested in your pistol. I would ask that you contact me if you have not sold it by 1 October. I can not make any large purchases this month.

Hope to hear from you.

Drake Mitchell
    928-451-1697

[email protected]

Nice bluing. Good Luck.
    We will not falter. We will not surrender. We will prevail.

NRA Benefactor Member

I don't understand your comment. It is the original bluing but there are some wear marks from the holster. Other than that it is in original condition or can be if the parts shown are re-installed.
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

This firearm is sold.