Glock 17 Gen 4

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 4

1. Glock 17 Gen 4

Hey guys,
    Looking for a bit of advice on a fair price for my Glock 17 Gen 4. The gun is in near new conditions, I baby the thing. No scratches or rust. Had it for about 15months and put about 500-600 rounds thru it. No mods what so ever, and I have 3 mags (10rounders cas NY sux) I'm wondering what a fair price to sell it would be? I was thinkin $500 but went some input. Thanks in advance.

I would expect somewhere between 450.00 to 500.00 being a fair price, but 500 would be on the high end. I am not an appraiser or professional of any kind, just saying what I would be comfortable paying. I can get new for not much more than 500.00.

4. I hate to disappoint you, but your hopes of getting 500.00 are way too high. Some factors to consider are that Glock controls pricing for civilian and LE guns. Therefore, a new Glock Gen 4 17 retails for 499.95 and LE gun goes for 398.95. LE pricing extends to cops, military, firefighters, security guards, commercial pilots, etc. So, there is a very large part of the market that purchase at the cheaper price.
    The next issue you have is the fact that you have 10 rd mags. Definitely less desirable.
    Finally, you have shot it. It is a used gun. Glocks are everywhere. The market is flooded with them, so you can't expect top dollar.
    A reasonable price for the gun is in the 375.00 to 400.00 range. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by regulargunguy:246964
    I hate to disappoint you, but your hopes of getting 500.00 are way too high. Some factors to consider are that Glock controls pricing for civilian and LE guns. Therefore, a new Glock Gen 4 17 retails for 499.95 and LE gun goes for 398.95. LE pricing extends to cops, military, firefighters, security guards, commercial pilots, etc. So, there is a very large part of the market that purchase at the cheaper price.
    The next issue you have is the fact that you have 10 rd mags. Definitely less desirable.
    Finally, you have shot it. It is a used gun. Glocks are everywhere. The market is flooded with them, so you can't expect top dollar.
    A reasonable price for the gun is in the 375.00 to 400.00 range. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    I'd agree with this...I can get a new one with 3 17-rounds magazines for $500.

6. Na don't be sorry guys, this is why I asked for peoples advice for. And its totally welcomed. I just didn't want to look like I was asking over the top for a price. So bout 350-400 is what I'm being told and even that seems okay to me. I basically am looking to buy a Glock 19 anyways so maybe even a trade might be in the cards. Thanks again for the input

Take it to a dealer and they will tell you what it's worth according to the book.

$400 in Excellent condition according to the 2009 Standard Catalogue of Firearms...