WTB New gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New gun

I purchased a Glock G30S about a month ago and it's a great gun and shoots as well as my H&K HK45C.

If you want a Glock that's the one I'd purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. I can attest to the 226, and if .45 is preferred, then the 220 is an acceptable alternate. I have owned a CZ 75 Shadow, a number of 1911s, and currently own a S&W M&P Compact .40; all have been very reliable and will make excellent daily carry weapons. Try as many weapons as you can get your hands on, do the proverbial test drive, and then make a choice. Ultimately all we say is moot, because it's what you feel comfortable with, shoot well, and feel sound in the weapon potentially protecting not only your life, but the lives of your family, friends, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_raines View Post
    If I was in the market for a new .45, I would have to go with the CZ 97B. CZ quality and much nicer looking than a Glock.
    Ah you beat me to it. After shooting a CZ 97B last year, I was hooked. I have one on order. In the meantime, a CZ P-01 and 75B keep me busy. Get your hands or either one, you might like em also.

5. I would go with the S&W M&P .45 (my cousin has one in the .40 and loves it. I also felt, then shot it and loved it). He carries his in an IWB holster. Now, I own a Taurus revolver in .38 and love it. So much so I loaned it to my 80 year old mother. Very light and simple. I'd feel comfortable using it for home defense or concealed carry. But, mostly, like someone earlier said; you buy what you want and like. It's your money and your gun to use no matter what it is. Get what feels right to you and practice as if the apocalypse were coming...practice makes perfect

Quote Originally Posted by lonevader View Post
    Hi everyone, I want to kick around the idea of getting a new pistol. My personal choices are:a Glock gen4, Springfield SD and S&W M&P all in .45. I have always wanted a glock, at least for twenty yrs, but now am looking at others. I am going to the gun show soon to purchase and I was just wondering what some of you thought of the choices. I may go for a smaller frame to carry in my vehicle. I currently posses a .357 colt python, springfield 1911 .45, bersa thunder .380 and a ruger .22. thnx for all the input
    Personally I own the M&P 45 in a compact and must say it really is a soft shooting pistol and I find it to be very accurate. It does have a lower round count than the Glocks in a comparable size but you can buy 10 round and 14 round mags for it if you felt the need.

The pistols you listed all have there plus's and minus's it really would get down to what felt best to you, best bet would be go to a range that has a good rental selection and shoot them all then buy what you like, personaly I like my 1911s
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Go to that gun show and see what feels comfortable. I carry either my glock 19 or my sig 229.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12