WTS Becker BK2 Campanion Knife & Custom Volclae Sheath

Thread: Becker BK2 Campanion Knife & Custom Volclae Sheath

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

Becker BK2 Campanion Knife & Custom Volclae Sheath

Hey Y'all,

One of the best survival/camp knives on the planet is the Becker BK2 "Campanion." This one is a Ka-Bar-manufactured version purchased new about 3 years ago. Picture of stock specs posted near the bottom, but this knife is not quite stock. I have convexed the edge (see diagram below for explanation) and polished to a high luster the flat-ground portion of the blade. I left the black coating on the rest of the blade, which really gave it a unique and custom look.

At a full 1/4" thickness, this knife is made for the heaviest duty imaginable. You won't survive a close-proximity nuclear blast, but this Becker BK2 will!

The sheath is full-on custom-made by Michael Volclae Designs. This is one of the highest-quality custom sheaths on the market. It's a hybrid design, meaning that the sheath is made of Kydex and covered with leather. It can be carried in either the vertical or horizontal position. It is completely modular. The fire-steel loop, straps and pouch can be removed or repositioned for right or left-hand carry. It can accept MOLLE-Loks to MOLLE up to a vest, drop-leg platform or backpack.

Neither the knife or the sheath have been used beyond the polish-job, convex-edging, trying different configurations of the straps, pouch and fire-steel loop, and sinking the knife into the wood to take the pics and carrying the sheath around my back yard just to try different carry methods. When I bought everything here, I was healthy and anticipated camping with it a lot, but developed some serious health issues before I could follow through with that plan. This knife will quite literally stand up to field-dressing an old lawn mower, dismantling a rusted out heater/stove, chopping through cinder blocks, batoning a lawn mower push-bar into small sections, shredding an old-style satellite dish, chipping bricks into small chunks, and all of that was just Part 1 of the most awesome torture test I've ever watched. Part 2 includes cuttin' through chicken wire, nails, bolts and skinning an old refrigerator.

Becker knives are built to work, not sit around lookin' purdy like this one has so far. Rescue this beast now before it jumps out of the sheath and starts workin' on me or the ol' lady just out of shear boredom!

*Note: The knife is pictured with a couple of different lanyards, neither of which will come with the knife. Also, one or two pics show an orange Leatherman multi-tool, which also does not come with this offer (it's in the picture to demonstrate the level of high polish). The fire-steel and some easy-start tender that's in the pouch now will come with the package.

Price for the whole package is $225. That includes shipped to your door and PayPal fees. Hit me at my PM and I'll get this bad-boy off to you immediately (except for weekends) after I receive payment by mail or via PayPal.

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    OK, lots of lookers, but not even an inquiry so far, so let's sweeten the pot a little bit.

The following pictures are of the same knife with a set of custom scales that are machined from billet aluminum and polished to a brushed finish. These scales will fit any of the large fixed-blade models of Becker knives (BK2, BK3, BK4, BK5, BK6, BK7, BK9 - they would also fit a BK-1 and/or a Becker Reinhardt Kukri, but if you find either of those for sale, you better jump on 'em fast before I scoop them up!). The design machined into the kind of "brick" pattern is hard to show in pictures, but it depicts a wolf kind of "low-crawling" across the brick pattern. First picture is best for seeing that engraved image.

These scales were on sale by the artist for $129.00 a couple of years ago. He has fallen off the Earth though (not sure what happened or where he disappeared to), and is not making custom scales anymore that I've been able to find.

I am not trying to get anywhere near what these scales are worth, just trying to make the package deal more attractive, so I'm only adding $25.00 to the original package price for a total of $250.00 including the scales, PayPal fees and shipped to your door (CONUS Only!). Hit me in the PM and we'll get 'r done! Enjoy the new knife pron:

First two pics were taken while scales were on my BK-9. All the rest are on the BK-2 that's for sale here.

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...