California Soon to be Shall Issue? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: California Soon to be Shall Issue?

NorCalChuck, would Sonoma County be rural enough? I currently live in Marin and assume I'd be wasting my time to ask here.
    Thanks

i used to live in stockton and can tell you that it all depends on where you live. generally the closer you are to the bay area the less your chances are. in stockton the odds were better at getting mercy from the internal revenue service than getting a concealed weapon permit. in sonoma im not sure but you have nothing to lose by asking the sheriff. if you dont ask the answer is always no. good luck in the peoples replublic of kalifornia.

i forgot one thing. according to the law you must reside in the same county where applying . so unless you live in sonoma county the sheriff of sonoma county can not issue you one even if he wanted to.

Smile CCW Friendly in CA

Quote Originally Posted by retirednak View Post
    My folks live in Morro Bay and my wife and I would love to move there if it wasn't in CA. Since its mostly retired folks living there,crime levels are pretty low. I looked into a permit last time I was there,it will be a cold day in hell before one gets issued for personal protection. We'll keep looking for a place to move. Hopefully by next summer,its -2 below with 40 mph winds today,getting real tired of the cold!
    May I suggest checking out Tulare and Kern counties? Both are CCW friendly counties and a relatively short drive from Morrow Bay.
    Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have one.

Head North . . . . The more rural the county the better.
    If you like the coast or prefer the inland warmer climates you have plenty to choose from.
    The inland central valley has a lot to offer also.
    But stay away from Sacramento County . . . . .
    "We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

North Eastern California is very CCW friendly. Plumas, Lassen, Sierra, Tehama, Modoc.

I've thought of N. CA. I need to decide if I can live in a state that is so close to bankrupsy and is taxing the pants off its resendents. I grew up in Lemoore and swore I'd never return to CA. Now that my parents are much older,I feel the need to live in an area that I can visit them by car. I suppose I can do that now,but driving for a week and a half is a little much for me. Plus I refuse to drive through Canada again since they are so anti-gun.
    Thanks for all the ideas fellas.

9. "May Issue" violates equal protection

Hello,
    It would seem that issuing permits to some individuals and not to others violates the principle of equal protection under the law.
    By maintaining a policy of "May Issue", the State or any County in it is in violation.
    There is no need to argue right to carry, 2nd Amendment or other.

It is simply that certain individual Citizens can not be favored over other Citizens.
    Some individuals have been limited in their access due criminal records or incapacity, but the rest are equal in their citizenship.

Further, there does not appear to exist even a good faith explanation or argument for this discriminatory practice of issuing to one and not the other.

While we have confidence in the high priced expert attorneys' abilities, it should be iterated that when the 'wrong' question is brought before the court, the judge will not correct it. So, argue the wrong point or mis-state the issue and your done. There is no correct answer to the wrong question.
    M

Hey Mitchell

Is this your opinion or has this come down from a court decision?

I ask because I have several friends that still live in LA County and this would be great information for them to have.
    I would send it to them but if this has not already been through the courts it really is of no value.

Need more data . . . .
    "We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

Please pardon what may seem like sarcasm. I mean no disrespect.

Those who believe that California will ever become a "shall issue" state, have undoubtedly never lived there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast