NFA Weapons Requirment, Why? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NFA Weapons Requirment, Why?

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Just curious, what is your rationale for wanting to own full autos? Just because or anything specific? Not meaning to flame you here but they are not very practical for most applications.
    Why should the corrupt out of control govt of the people, by the people, for the people want to be better armed than it's citizens?
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

3. 1) Most of the tax protestors are sitting in prison, broke, after not filing. Started with Al Capone. It's over, so...get over it.
    2) Full auto? OK. I have better things to spend my money on than at the rate of a 30 round clip at $15/minute. With all the costs going on, it is just insane.
    Maybe if someone owns 20 acres in the middle of West Texas, but here in Dallas, I have to drive round-trip an hour plus. Pay for the range at $15 bucks
    and even cheap .45 ammo is near forty cents/round in bulk. That's $100 for an hour of "fun". I love my guns, but do you all understand the political agenda
    that is in play that is driving the cost structure up for no reason but to end the 2nd Amendment through taxation?

4. Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Just curious, what is your rationale for wanting to own full autos? Just because or anything specific? Not meaning to flame you here but they are not very practical for most applications.
    The reason for wanting one is not relevant! The fact is in America we have the right to keep and bear arms. There is no place in the bill of rights that says EXCEPT FOR _______.. Also the MG's are expensive not because of the NFA act but from REGAN signing the 86 ban. It was supposed to outlaw all civilian ownership of mg's however due to the wording it ended up changing the law to no civilian may buy a mg made AFTER 1986. Thus all transferable mg's are pre 86 thus supply and de3mand and many mg's are in safes and are purely investments. Yes I own a few myself...

5. I would guess that the full auto market would remain relatively small. Even if the restriction is removed for new manufacture; these will always be relatively expensive to build, maintain, and feed with ammo. Probably less than 5% of the gun owner market would seriously consider owning; though probably 95% would love the oppertunity to squeze off a few bursts on a range at least once in their lifetime.

6. Mostly I would be interested in removing some of the restrictions on AOW; like smooth bore handguns, front grip on pistols, and caliber > .50. These could be fun to shoot with unique characteristics, and much more practical to own than full auto.

7. Once again if you accept any restrictions you open the door for total confiscation. Why don't people see the simplest of rules, give a little and lose a lot. They have already taken your money by force, can follow you online, watch you in any big city, track everything you do electronically and force you to register your right. What more will it take before people see what direction these laws are leading.

8. "There is none so blind as he who will not see."

It's simply this: If you admit that there is a problem then you have to feel somewhat responsible for fixing it. That of course is an action that is fraught with known and unknown dangers. It is much easier to remain in denial and hope someone else fixes it, or it goes away by itself, or delays for the duration of your lifetime. This is the same approach taken by Congress on a number of issues. It would seem as individuals we are prone to the same folly.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Fun to shoot, collect and they are not making anymore pre 86s anymore

10. Quote Originally Posted by smd215 View Post
    I would guess that the full auto market would remain relatively small. Even if the restriction is removed for new manufacture; these will always be relatively expensive to build, maintain, and feed with ammo. Probably less than 5% of the gun owner market would seriously consider owning; though probably 95% would love the oppertunity to squeze off a few bursts on a range at least once in their lifetime.
    If there was NO NFA and you could buy a mg as easy as you could buy any other firearm lots more folks would buy mg's. They cost the same or only slightly more then a semi of the same ilk does. You can buy a brand NEW M16 for under a grand IF you have a SOT. They require no more maintenance then any other firearm. Feeding depends on caliber I have a 22lr for my m16 I shoot the hell out of. 19 bucks for 550 round at wally world. VS 400 for a 1000 round case of 5.56..

Maine M-16 CMMG Black dog Remingtom subs FA - YouTube 22 upper on my m16 fun and cheap..

11. There are so many silly laws that need to be revisited.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast