Picks of your suppressed Firearms.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picks of your suppressed Firearms....

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Pardon me if my question sounds dumb, because I have never shot a suppressed gun. I'm wondering if suppressors can also reduce felt recoil.
    Not a dumb question. I've never really thought about it but I suppose it could help the felt recoil slightly. As the gases work there way through the baffles it could act as a break. The suppressor does not weigh a lot but it is more weight out at the end of the barrel with could help with the upward recoil. I've only shot my suppressed .22 and they don't kick much to start. Maybe someone with else can chime in.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    OK I read: Proposed amendment to RCW 9.41.250, which seems to point at the only reason a weapon should have a noise reducing device, silencer, suppressor attached is to make the discharge less decibels.
    ...right, that's "suppression".

I don't think nor have I ever heard that a single shot fired in self defense has been a reason for a BG to sue the shooter for hearing loss,
    I don't care about the hearing of some goblin who's invaded my home and is attacking my family. I do care a great deal about my hearing and the hearing of my family members, and if my wife were pregnant I would care a great deal about the development of the fetus. I will admit that electronic hearing protectors by your bedside are a good idea, but they do not address all aspects of the problem.

Can you provide me with a better reason for a silenced shooter?
    Did you even read the rationale section of the link I posted?

In addition, please justify why, if it is not used in the commission of a crime, it should be unlawful to use a suppressor. There are uses that don't involve the commission of a crime - if it is legal to do x without a suppressor, it should be legal to do x with a suppressor. Just because you can only see it being used by assassins, does not mean that's the only use.
    Last edited by lukem; 09-03-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Can we get back to posting photos so i can go back to drooling over guns i will never own lol......

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Can we get back to posting photos so i can go back to drooling over guns i will never own lol......
    Good Idea! I get my reflex sight in for my Walther so here is an updated pic.

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

DROOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. LOL vary nice photos keep them coming would love to see more. I keep checking this every time i see a new post hoping it's new photos..

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I agree. Please settle down guys.

Now bring on the pics!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

8. OMG yes back down. Just like everything if you want it and it is legal get it have fun with it, but please just enjoy the site. Everyone has likes and dislikes that don’t make you a bad person.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I thought it was just proper etiquete when one settles into ones hotel room to quietly screw the supressor onto the barrel of the PPK and place it on the table while sipping the propperly shaken Vodka martini just in case one has to dispose of an unwelcomed visitor, which apparently happens quite often.

Uhhhh ... or I guess you could consider locking the door next time Mr. Bond .

10. Supressor for the hard of hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Pardon me if my question sounds dumb, because I have never shot a suppressed gun. I'm wondering if suppressors can also reduce felt recoil.
    I've shot a suppressed MP5 (full auto) and a suppressed 9mm pistol. having never shot an unsilenced MP5 I really can't compare that one to anything. but with having the silencer on the 9mm I would have to say that the recoil did feel softer.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast