NFA Trust - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: NFA Trust

  1. What was the cost in total not counting the can? What kind of 22 rounds do you use.Is there a subsonic 22 round?Will HP ammo work.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    What was the cost in total not counting the can? What kind of 22 rounds do you use.Is there a subsonic 22 round?Will HP ammo work.
    I have a buddy that's a class 3 dealer so he didn't charge me anything to do the paper work for the trust. But the tax stamp was $200 and the Tac suppressor was $160. With the smaller barrel there is not a huge difference between the high velocity and subsonic rounds. The short barrel does not give the round time to build up enough velocity to go super sonic. The subsonic does seem to be a little quieter. I have shot standard Winchester and Remington and seveal different brands of subsonic ammo though it. Ranging from lead round nose, lead HP, copper washed round nose , and copper washed HP. All shot fine.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    117
    If you run subsonic rounds through a can on an AR, it becomes a single-shot weapon.

    I''ve shot a friend's can on an 11.5" SBR and it was pretty nice.

    Waiting now on my first classIII, a Cobra M2 40. My 40cal AR is already subsonic out of its 16" bbl. The can's gonna get it almost "hollywood quiet". It should run even better when I SBR down to 7.5".
    Legalize Freedom!

    building an AR on my blog

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    28
    Just pointing out, just about all silencer manufacturers do not recommend subsonic ammo for centerfire rifles (something I learned while reading my AAC M4-2000 manual) due to variability in the stability of the bullet itself at lower speeds and the possibility of a baffle strike (bullet strikes the inside of the suppressor after exiting the barrel). Some specifically state that use of subsonic ammo will void the warranty Rim fire is a different story, and Gemtech actually makes their own brand of .22LR ammo that is amazingly quiet.

  6. #15
    The local gun shop here told me that it us best to have a lawyer write up the trust paperwork at a cost of 800-1200. They said that the ATF frowns on just downloading the packet and filing it out myself. They said that trusts are fairly new and there will be trouble later if the proper terminology isn't used in filing out the paperwork.
    Should I put any faith in what they told me?

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The local gun shop here told me that it us best to have a lawyer write up the trust paperwork at a cost of 800-1200. They said that the ATF frowns on just downloading the packet and filing it out myself. They said that trusts are fairly new and there will be trouble later if the proper terminology isn't used in filing out the paperwork.
    Should I put any faith in what they told me?
    I had my NFA Trust paperwork done by the Apple Law Firm in Florida, who then sent it to an attorney in the state I live in. That attorney then made changes to the paperwork with amendments to make the trust paperwork binding in my state. You can download it and fill it out yourself, but I would suggest that you have a local lawyer who is familiar with Gun Trusts and Gun Laws look at it and make applicable changes.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple:243507
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The local gun shop here told me that it us best to have a lawyer write up the trust paperwork at a cost of 800-1200. They said that the ATF frowns on just downloading the packet and filing it out myself. They said that trusts are fairly new and there will be trouble later if the proper terminology isn't used in filing out the paperwork.
    Should I put any faith in what they told me?
    I had my NFA Trust paperwork done by the Apple Law Firm in Florida, who then sent it to an attorney in the state I live in. That attorney then made changes to the paperwork with amendments to make the trust paperwork binding in my state. You can download it and fill it out yourself, but I would suggest that you have a local lawyer who is familiar with Gun Trusts and Gun Laws look at it and make applicable changes.
    Would you give me a ballpark cost on what it ran you to have them look at the paperwork... please?

  9. I had a trust made up by a lawyer who specializes in Gun Trusts. If a trust isn't written up properly it can really come back to bite you in the butt. I used a firm called Prince Law Offices (Reading PA Family Law Attorneys | Allentown Divorce Lawyer | Lancaster Criminal Defense & DUI Law Firm) This link goes directly to the firearms section of their site with tons of information on gun trusts. (Pennsylvania Gun Lawyer) Joshua Prince was a huge help and talked to me for almost an hour explaining how it works, what is needed from me, all the ins and outs, and every question I could throw at him. He treated me as if I was a good friend and even after all was said and done with my trust he will still answer questions when I have them. He also is an avid shooter himself and sponsors an annual machine gun shoot.

    I am currently in the process of filling out paperwork for my first NFA rifle, does anyone have a timeframe as to about how long it takes using a trust? Thanks...

  10. #19
    My son in law and myself set up a trust. He got a copy of a trust from a Class III dealer and we just modified it with our names, got it notarized and we had NO problems. He has a handgun with a stock, I have a can for my SIG 522. Both of our stamps took about the same time. Paperwork sent in in June, stamp arrived in October. This was last year, 2011.

    Using sub sonic ammo in the 522 results in just hearing the action of the gun. Awesome!!!

  11. What are the advantages of a Trust as opposed to just getting individual stamp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast