Wet vs dry suppressor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet vs dry suppressor

Wet vs dry suppressor

I've had my suppressor for a little while now and I've heard the term shooting it wet. Can this be done with any suppressor? I have a Walther P22 and a tactical innovations can. Would it hurt anything to shoot it "wet". Also what do you do: just add a little water, slush it around, put it on the gun, and fire away?

Thanks guys
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Yep !!! Usually with a .22Lr you won't need water to achieve the sound reduction that you desire. Their already as quite as a mouse fart.

With .45 ACP pistol suppressors it achieves a much more reduced sound signature with about 5-10cc's of water and generally wil negate a "first round pop". I usually just take canteen water and place my finger over the muzzle end of the suppressor. Pour water into the suppressor then place my other hands index finger on the mount end of the suppressor and just up end and back end the water so it get's all the baffles coated with the ablative (water) Shake remaining residual water and screw it onto the weapon.

Very, very noticable sound reduction. Most users will report some blowback of black water onto their faces. We like to call this "added camo"

HTH.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

That is, of course, the real reason James Bond approaches so many events by swimming in ... his supressor is now ready with no further set-up.

It works the same on long gun suppressors, especially the AR/M4 series. I personaly believe the best sound suppressors are the SUREFIRE and AAC. Both can be used the factory break and attaches and detaches in mere seconds from the barrel.

Both when used with a little water will provide a noticeable reduction in sound.

The SUREFIRE suppressors have been tested with as many as 30,000 round without any breakage or baffle reduction. They get red hot but some black spray paint will cure that.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

I'm interested to hear more on this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave00c5 View Post
    I'm interested to hear more on this also.
    What did you say, I couldn't hear you?

Here is a video on wetting by silencerco on there product

Hope that helps you out.

I always squirt in WD-40 first, to help with the corrosion and crud buildup.

10. First NEVER shoot a rifle caliber suppressor WET!! Bad things can happen.

Next wdfourty will not prevent crud it is for displacing WATER although it can be used for shooting wet if you desire. The best thing to use for wetting a suppressor is WIRE PULLING GEL it stays and will not drip like water does. Though Water is very easy to use. The majority of modern suppressors are DRY use as the design makes up for what the liquid did in the older less efficient designs. A little water is fine in a22 is you wan to ad it does make a bit of a difference. It makes more difference in pistol caliber rounds.

If you have questions ask the maker of your suppressor.

if you don't know to keep the water out of the "tunnel" thru which the bullet must pass, yes. My baffles are made of folded, spindled and compressed screenwire, so they "hold" the water, unlike solid metal baffles. Also, the sleeve design puts most of the gases betweeen the 2 tubes, where the water can't get into the tunnel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast