Party at McIntosh Lake in Longmont

Thread: Party at McIntosh Lake in Longmont

Question Party at McIntosh Lake in Longmont

I am attending a going-away party at McIntosh Lake in Longmont and after studying the local ordinances I still can't figure out if I am legal to open carry while at the lake or not. If anyone could shed some light on this for me I sure would appreciate it.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post

I am attending a going-away party at McIntosh Lake in Longmont and after studying the local ordinances I still can't figure out if I am legal to open carry while at the lake or not. If anyone could shed some light on this for me I sure would appreciate it.
    This is not legal advice. I suggest you contact the WY authorities.
    I found this uper left corner under resources.

Enjoy the party!

Why you wish to open carry, I don't understand.
    Please do not drink.
    Places off-limits when carrying:
    1. Any facility used primarily for law enforcement operations or administration without the written consent of the chief administrator
    2. Any detention facility, prison or jail
    3. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in the courtroom
    4. Any meeting of a governmental entity
    5. Any meeting of the legislature or a committee thereof
    6. Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    7. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose
    8. Any place where persons are assembled for public worship, without the written consent of the chief administrator of that place
    9. Any elementary or secondary school facility
    10. Any college or university facility without the written consent of the security service of the college or university
    11. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law or regulation or state law

Alcohol and Drugs:

Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
    Wyoming is a Castle Doctrine state and has a stand-your-ground law.

Open Carry:
    Unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    This is not legal advice. I suggest you contact the WY authorities.
    I found this uper left corner under resources.

Enjoy the party!

Why you wish to open carry, I don't understand.
    Please do not drink.
    Places off-limits when carrying:
    1. Any facility used primarily for law enforcement operations or administration without the written consent of the chief administrator
    2. Any detention facility, prison or jail
    3. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in the courtroom
    4. Any meeting of a governmental entity
    5. Any meeting of the legislature or a committee thereof
    6. Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    7. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose
    8. Any place where persons are assembled for public worship, without the written consent of the chief administrator of that place
    9. Any elementary or secondary school facility
    10. Any college or university facility without the written consent of the security service of the college or university
    11. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law or regulation or state law

Alcohol and Drugs:

Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
    Wyoming is a Castle Doctrine state and has a stand-your-ground law.

Open Carry:
    Unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted.
    Why would I need Wyoming statutes when I'm going to Colorado? I posted this in the Colorado section and stated that I would be at McIntosh Lake in Longmont for a reason.
    The statutes that you posted are for concealed carry ONLY. Did you know that there is NOT a single law pertaining to the open carry of firearms in Wyoming?
    Why Open Carry? 1. It's too dang hot for a jacket. 2. I'm not ashamed of my weapon therefore have no need to hide it. 3. It has been my experience that people are much more polite when they see you're firearm; this includes gangbangers, or even just rowdy teens. 4. I have been openly carrying a firearm for years, why would I stop now?
    --Semper Fi--

I am afraid that the link to the rules page was down, but here is a link to the general web page for McIntosh Lake.

McIntosh Lake District Park, List of Parks, Park Services, City of Longmont

In some areas there are restrictions on OC in parks (Broomfield is one example), but it must be posted. My recommendation would be to come prepared to CC if necessary. Unfortunately, I have never been to the lake and so can not tell you anything more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    Why would I need Wyoming statutes when I'm going to Colorado? I posted this in the Colorado section and stated that I would be at McIntosh Lake in Longmont for a reason.
    The statutes that you posted are for concealed carry ONLY. Did you know that there is NOT a single law pertaining to the open carry of firearms in Wyoming?
    Why Open Carry? 1. It's too dang hot for a jacket. 2. I'm not ashamed of my weapon therefore have no need to hide it. 3. It has been my experience that people are much more polite when they see you're firearm; this includes gangbangers, or even just rowdy teens. 4. I have been openly carrying a firearm for years, why would I stop now?
    Your posting never listed the state you intended to carry. Your profile says your are from WY. I must of been sleeping when they covered colorado geography in the 5th grade.
    Regarding your (weapon) you do want you want.
    "People are more polite because they see you with a firearm?" I could go on, but, it ain't worth it.
    Have a wonderful day.

Your posting never listed the state you intended to carry. Your profile says your are from WY. I must of been sleeping when they covered colorado geography in the 5th grade.
    Regarding your (weapon) you do want you want.
    "People are more polite because they see you with a firearm?" I could go on, but, it ain't worth it.
    Have a wonderful day.
    <rant>
    Why if I live in Wyoming would I post a question for Wyoming in the Colorado section?
    If I saw a post asking about Longmont in a Colorado Forum I am going to immediately think Longmont, Colorado not assume that the poster is an idiot and can't read. Anyway this question was pretty much answered for me in another Forum as well as by TAC, so I guess I am done here. </rant>
    --Semper Fi--

i was incorrect

I failed to notice what forum you were in. My mistake. Sorry.

I failed to notice what forum you were in. My mistake. Sorry.
    Thanks, I was beginning to think that you had it in for me or something
    Later.....
    --Semper Fi--