PRAIRIE ARMS in LITTLETON, COLORADO

Thread: PRAIRIE ARMS in LITTLETON, COLORADO

1. PRAIRIE ARMS in LITTLETON, COLORADO

First of all we called them up asked some questions about guns. The gentleman on the phone was really cool. He suggested that we come in on Saturday and take some time to discuss about which hand guns would suit me and my girlfriend the best.

This is what is cool. We got there and everyone and I mean EVERYONE was so friendly. They made us feel at ease about guns and owning one. The person I spoke to on the phone dropped everything and actually took his time to take care of us. He let both of us hold different guns and told us the good and the bad.

He made the background check very easy on the laptop computer. It got real busy after a while and he had to do the computer back ground checks for other people so he handed us over to his partner and he was great also.

All in all, no one tried to sell us the most expensive gun nor tried to rush us out. We left VERY HAPPY with a 9mm and a 22.

Kudos to those guys and how they run things.

I HIGHLY suggest when purchasing a gun as a newbie or an experienced person to go to Prairie Arms. I believe they have two locations.

You should be aware, from now on, background checks done on the computer go to a federal database. Hard paperwork, on the other hand, is kept locally at the FFL for a specified period.

4. Thanks for that bit of info. I'm all for keeping my privacy but I would think in this case wouldn't this be a good thing so as to check the database for criminals who are trying to purchase a gun? I'm not too privy on this sort of stuff so maybe you can explain it to me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by XJ_MAC:159636
    You should be aware, from now on, background checks done on the computer go to a federal database. Hard paperwork, on the other hand, is kept locally at the FFL for a specified period.
    so if you run into this can you ask to do it on paper, or do you need to go to a shop that doesn't use a computer

I probably should have been clearer. It is the data that is entered into the computer form that replaces the hardcopy that is kept by the feds. De-facto registration. The gun store does one or the other, as I understand from the material I've read. So, find a store that still uses the paper forms.

computerized 4473

I don't know about other stores but our computerized 4473 is ONLY connected to our printer. It is not connected to any federal or otherwise database and is not participating in "de Facto registration"