CCW in Denver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW in Denver

CCW in Denver

Motive Unclear In Attack By Group Of Teens On 16th Street Mall CBS Denver

On the above thread, a poster [screen name: "You"] commented, "You all need to realize [that in] Denver county it's illegal to conceal a weapon, CCW or not. Conceal carry is illegal here."

I've checked Colorado laws and the NRA website and cannot find anything indicating that Colorado CCW permits don't apply in Denver. But is this poster correct?

Denver issues permits and Colorado has state preemption. Now you may run into a prick cop in Denver but concealed carry is not illegal
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. City and county of denver is the only place in colorado where OPEN carry is NOT legal. Denver county issues ccw and is perfectly legal to carry

The only thing you cannot do in the retarded city of denver is open carry.

Thanks for your responses. Several people corrected that poster who made the strange claim that concealed carry was illegal in Denver even with a permit.

I can say for sure that it's not true, as I have one issued here in Denver.

Question

So, let me get this straight. One needs to have a DENVER (County/City level) issued CCW Permit AND a Colorado (State level)issued CCW permit to carry CONCEALED in the city of Denver?

But everywhere else in Colorado (other than Denver county/city) one can carry OPENLY?
    Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So, let me get this straight. One needs to have a DENVER (County/City level) issued CCW Permit AND a Colorado (State level)issued CCW permit to carry CONCEALED in the city of Denver?

But everywhere else in Colorado (other than Denver county/city) one can carry OPENLY?
    Cities dont issue CCW permits. Only sheriffs issue permits and they are good throughout the entire state.

And yes you can open carry everywhere in Colorado except for Denver thanks to their home rule law.

Thanks for the clarification!

...And you can still carry CONCEALED in Denver, correct?
    Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks for the clarification!

...And you can still carry CONCEALED in Denver, correct?
    Yes with a valid Colorado permit or a permit with whom we have reciprocity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast