Colorado IDPA

Thread: Colorado IDPA

1. Colorado IDPA

Does anyone participate in the IDPA clubs around CO? If so, which one? How is the experience? Would you say it helped you as a shooter with techniques/accuracy?

3. Don't know about Colorado, but I regularly participate in IDPA in Delaware. I love it, and I can say that it has indeed helped me with accuracy and speed. More imporantly, it's taught me to shoot safely. BUT, don't expect too much from IDPA, however, with respect to technique. As our Safety Officer Instructor said in his opening remarks at our SO class, "This is a game. It's not Special Forces, Ranger, SEAL or combat training. It's a game that's patterned after real-life scenarios that may involve defensive use of a firearm. So, my recommendation is to go and have fun, and leave the skill-building to the professional instructors.

Joe J
    IDPA & NRA Range Safety Officer

I shot IDPA several years ago at Pueblo and Dumont. I think Dumont is the only one running now. I recommend it. Front Range IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I shot IDPA several years ago at Pueblo and Dumont. I think Dumont is the only one running now. I recommend it. Front Range IDPA
    Just saw this, thanks Anubis. The link is www.FRIDPA.com
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.