How long was your wait for permit? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How long was your wait for permit?

El Paso county, renewal. My permit expires in January and they want us to come in for the renewal at the end of October. The realy sucky part is the new permit will expire in November 2018 which means I lose two months.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Picking up my permit tomorrow in Douglas County. Tomorrow will be 24 days since application. Nice turnaround time.

Our appointment was on Oct 26th. It took about 10 minutes , no finger prints for a renewal and (and I was really surprised by this) the Sheriff's office wasn't posted.

The secratary that did my application was very nice and she gave my wife and I each a little booklet of Colorado gun laws
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

El Paso County as I stated above we applied on 10/26 the new permit arrived on 12/2

Wait time on a CCW permit is a really general question. It varies from state to state and county to county within a state. The requirements also vary. Some states you can almost walk in and get one onthe spot. My state, Delaware, takes a while. We are required to take a NRA CCW approved course, place an ad in a news paper announcing that you are applying for a DECCW,get 5 reference letters from people in your county, get a criminal background/finger print certificate, pictures for the permit, and it all goes throught the Attorney Generals office and the to a Superior Court Judge for signature. Time from county to county varies, even thought we only have 3 counties. The northern county takes usually 3-6 months, the middle county takes 8-10 weeks, and the southern county takes 2-3 months approximately, depending on the time of year. The first permit is for 3 years, after that they are for 5years. You will normally have $235.00 to $500.00 dolars involved, not counting the weapon cost. You have to shop DECCW courses, some are done in 1 day and some are multiple night 2hr courses. Delaware is run by very Liberal Democrats, that doesn't make it any easier.

How long was your wait for permit?

What is the time frame like in Mesa co. Now?

In La Plata County, my permit took seven weeks, starting in mid October, 2012.
    Charlie

A lot of these posts are old. Any updates on wait time for CHP in Larimer County?

Just heard from one of my students. Arapahoe County 83 calendar days.
    "A gun is a tool. No better or no worse than the man using it." Shane

How long was your wait for permit?

Don't remember the actual date except April 98' took a 8 hour class on Saturday, on Monday dropped of paperwork, paid the fee, 9 days later had the permit

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast