any IWB's that can attach w/out a belt?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any IWB's that can attach w/out a belt?

any IWB's that can attach w/out a belt?

I wore a belt for 30 years and I am sick of it. I want an IWB that just attaches over the top of my pants/shorts --something that clips maybe really firmly to the fabric. Now; I'm a noob but I have really broad shoulders and a small head so it's okay to lay it on me if this is a really , really bad idea and stuff

I found this http://www.activeprogear.com/75.html but I'd like it better in a real high quality leather--just not too big a fan of Nylon.

any ideas ? Point me toward a site maybe? Thanks .
    Ultra CDP 11
    P345
    you may only assume I'm an idiot until I post.

Try using any of your current IWBs without a belt and I think that is what you can expect unless you do something like Super Carry.

You may want to look into a "belly band" type holster.. I usually wear jeans without a belt with a shirt tucked in. The belly band works for me in that type of attire. No belt needed. I can carry my Glock 27 with an extra mag on Fridays at the office and nobody knows. Friday is casual day at the office and we can wear jeans.

http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/44...%2BHolsters%2F

Quote Originally Posted by jmtanner View Post
    I wore a belt for 30 years and I am sick of it. I want an IWB that just attaches over the top of my pants/shorts --something that clips maybe really firmly to the fabric. Now; I'm a noob but I have really broad shoulders and a small head so it's okay to lay it on me if this is a really , really bad idea and stuff

I found this #75 ActionDraw Concealment Gun Holsters. Like two gun concealment holsters in one. but I'd like it better in a real high quality leather--just not too big a fan of Nylon.

any ideas ? Point me toward a site maybe? Thanks .
    CrossBreed SuperTuck... I own one so my recommendation comes with actual use experience. Mark is the owner of the company and will respond to email questions quickly. I had mine shipped to me in 6 days. They are also sponsors of this site. I bought mine for my full frame M&P45 (pics on my user page) and I fell in love with it. I can go over a belt or just hook it on the top of my pants. The over top hooks can be adjusted independently of each other to fix cant or rise as desired. Do yourself a favor and at least look at the site page. Crossbreed Holsters > Home Good luck with the search…
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

6. I have an Uncle Mike's IWB that would work fine without a belt. The clip edge catches the seam of my jeans, so it won't come out of the waistband during draw.

I second the Cross Breed super tuck, as long as your pants fit fairly snug to keep the unit in place while deploying your gun you shouldent have a problem. It's the most comfortable thing I have ever used.
    Good luck and God speed
    State and local politicians should be on notice: the Second Amendment is a normal part of the Bill of Rights, and it is coming to your town.”
    Attorney Alan Gura

Thumbs up

I really appreciate the response all of you. Thanks! I will check everything offered and stuff....

I have seen many recommendations for the crossbreed--there's got to be something to it I imagine.

again--thanks for the help.
    Ultra CDP 11
    P345
    you may only assume I'm an idiot until I post.

9. The Alessi Talon Clip holsters work well with or without a belt.
    I have this one: http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters...0&pf_id=AH-MOB
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

10. IWB Holsters of Bulman Gunleather Concealment Systems also has Alessi Talon clip holsters. I have never tried their holsters but would consider them if I were looking for a new holster.
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

You would need some type of "foundation" to attach the holster. Without a solid platform, you run the risk of drawing your holster along with your firearm. An alternative method of carry, like the belly band or smart carry would be best if you want concealment without wearing a belt.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast