Nevada CC Requirements if you have CC in another state

Thread: Nevada CC Requirements if you have CC in another state

Nevada CC Requirements if you have CC in another state

Does anyone know what Nevada requires to get a concealed carry permit if you already have one in another state, in this case, Virginia? I plan to get one on my next visit there. Also, I already own a second home there.

Virginia is not recognized by Nevada and other states permits are meaningless so you have to find a certified Nevada instructor in Nevada, take a course, shoot qualification, turn in paper work to local authority, and wait about 60 days more or less.

Good Luck!!! It's not hard to qualify, just time consuming
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Thanks!

It took the Red Sox 84 years to win a World Series. I hope it doesn't take us that long to get reciprocity accross the United States!

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    It took the Red Sox 84 years to win a World Series. I hope it doesn't take us that long to get reciprocity accross the United States!
    Under the present administration, we'll be lucky just to keep our present permits, let alone get increased reciprocity.

So you CAN get a non resident NV CCW? I'm looking at possibly getting a job that will have me spending a good bit of my time in NV. I have a Utah CCW, but because Utah slacked on live fire for CCW courses (I did when I got mine), NV now will not recognize a Utah CCW.

So am I to assume that I can take a NV course, provide proper docs and fees, and get a Nonresident NV CCW?
    "The amount of intelligence on the planet is fixed... the population is growing"

What States you have has no relevance to your ability to get a NV CFP.

Residents and non-residents are treated the same. However, once you apply and are issued a NV CFP from a given county sheriff, you must deal with them for the term of the permit for any sort of changes in person. There is no statutory provision for a permit to be transferred from one county sheriff to another.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Thanks Netentity!
    I'll probably see if I can find someone in Wendover.
    "The amount of intelligence on the planet is fixed... the population is growing"