Cowhide or Horsehide - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowhide or Horsehide

Qulity holster in horse hide.

Shop around.

3. Hello All! I am new to this forum. I have a question on the Super Tuck... Does anyone carry a full size with this holster? I am deciding on the S&W M&P .40cal compact or full size. I would like the full size as it will mostly be for home defense and range, but would like to occasionally carry. The Super Tuck Deluxe looks like a great holster. Anyone out there with a comparable or the same firearm and STD holster??

I think you can get the Super Tuck for either size.

"Horsehide is a denser and tighter grained flesh than cowhide. This results in it being more moisture resistant. Customers in very humid climates or who tend to sweat heavily find this to be a useful option as horsehide tolerates dampness better."

That is a quote right off of CrossBreed Holsters "FAQ", and it is true. Also, Cowhide wears out faster than Horsehide. Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by bruocco View Post
    Hello All! I am new to this forum. I have a question on the Super Tuck... Does anyone carry a full size with this holster? I am deciding on the S&W M&P .40cal compact or full size. I would like the full size as it will mostly be for home defense and range, but would like to occasionally carry. The Super Tuck Deluxe looks like a great holster. Anyone out there with a comparable or the same firearm and STD holster??
    Yes you can, either/or... Supertuck accomodates both M&Pc & M&P fullsize handguns.

7. Jumeda, Welcome.

My primary carry pistol is the Smith and Wesson M&P 9c. I carry everywhere I go, every day. aproximately 3 years ago I called a company called "Kramer Leather" by reccomendation and asked them to produce for me a Horsehide scabbard for my M&P 9c. Let me tell you something... three years later, that holster still rides my body as tight as it did the day I put it on, It still holds the gun as tightly in place as the day I first put it on.

My personal reccomendation based on 3 years of experience with that particular gun is the black horsehide scabbard from Kramer Leather. I remember it being expensive... I dont recall the exact price but Im glad I bought it.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by bruocco View Post
    Hello All! I am new to this forum. I have a question on the Super Tuck... Does anyone carry a full size with this holster? I am deciding on the S&W M&P .40cal compact or full size. I would like the full size as it will mostly be for home defense and range, but would like to occasionally carry. The Super Tuck Deluxe looks like a great holster. Anyone out there with a comparable or the same firearm and STD holster??
    I have two horse-hide Crossbreed Super Tucks...one for my Springfield XD(m) .40 S&W, and one for my Kimber Eclipse Pro II. The Kimber is a Commander-sized 1911, and the Springfield is fairly full-sized as well. Both carry very comfortably in the Supertuck, as long as you have a sturdy belt. They require a little break-in, but once the horsehide has molded to your body shape I can wear mine all day with no discomfort whatsoever.

MojoTexas

I've never had a horsehide holster but at least one maker told me he personally didn't believe I would notice any difference between cow and horse. Still, he does offer it at the higher price. That in itself tells me to save the bucks for something a bit more tangible.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

10. Good news is... if you buy one and you don't like it, you can get a majority of your money back on ebay (this is NOT my auction).

$85 for that holster new, currently at $55 plus shipping with 4 days to go...

Crossbreed IWB Super Tuck Horsehide Holster For Glock - eBay (item 160457541084 end time Jul-24-10 15:56:14 PDT)

11. If you have the cash and the time to wait I believe I was told by the milt sparks representitive I spoke with that they use horse on the inside(part that touches your body) and cow on the rest. I know they list options for cow and horse seperately on their website but I was told mine would be made out of both unless otherwise specified.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast