Tell me about your Cell Pal Holster - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about your Cell Pal Holster

i just bought one last week they seem well made it does take practice to get good at drawing your weapon i think great for summer months i tried over 30 guns both mine and some at a friends gun shop they all seemed to fit rather well hope this helps some

Wink My Cell Pal Holster

I bought one back about the first of this year. I used it for my PT709 SS and it worked quite well, but it sets next to your skin, so it does get hot and sweaty, which isn't good for your firearm. So, mine is a seasonal holster because of how it is designed to be worn.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

I was also looking at this holster as a (special use) holster.
    So from what I am reading, this would be an acceptable holster for when you can hide the grips under a shirt or jacket (summer sweat shorts etc) but for other times a good IWB would be best.

Red face Tell me about your Cell Pal Holster

Quote Originally Posted by kevin mosley View Post
    Cell Pal Holsters - Please share your real-world experiences with this product. I'm very interested.

-Thanks-
    I bought one last year, tried it, tossed it in the closet. The thing is too darned hot to wear, and too darned hard to draw from unless your standing up. Tried the Super Tuck first, liked to have rubbed my hipbone raw each time I wore it, it's in the closet with the other Albatross.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

From what I have been researching, for a deep concealment holster, a Smartcarry standard holster is better & more comfortable.
    It's also less expensive.
    It has gotten a lot of great reviews. One thing I like about the latter is they say it can be worn while cycling.
    If anyone has experience with this please share it for comparison.

7. take a look at smartcarry... but still requires 2 hands...
    Smartcarry is a try it, if you don't like it... send it back... guaranteed unit can't say for sure about the cel pal.
    I prefer a tuckable... Kholster, crossbreed both good kholster also try it/like it or return it... not sure about crossbreed.

I'm a tightwad.. I'm using an ace case tuckable.. that works pretty well.... for $10.00 + shipping from CTD.

I bought one a few years back. Worst holster I've owned. It never sat right, was uncomfortable in jeans and when I wore khakis it looked like I was trying to smuggle a banana in my pants.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    take a look at smartcarry... but still requires 2 hands...
    Smartcarry is a try it, if you don't like it... send it back... guaranteed unit can't say for sure about the cel pal.
    I prefer a tuckable... Kholster, crossbreed both good kholster also try it/like it or return it... not sure about crossbreed.

I'm a tightwad.. I'm using an ace case tuckable.. that works pretty well.... for $10.00 + shipping from CTD.
    I've also been reading up on the Smartcarry. They have a lot of great reviews and the 60 day return policy looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by abock33 View Post
    I bought one a few years back. Worst holster I've owned. It never sat right, was uncomfortable in jeans and when I wore khakis it looked like I was trying to smuggle a banana in my pants.
    Thant seems to be the same story everywhere I look. I even sent emails to both SmartCarry & CellPal. Both replied but SmartCarry replied immediately with a detailed reply. CellPal answered my questions in a basic manner & it was 3 days after I sent the email.

10. I do have to say, that I tried the cel pal at the gun show.... with his dummy 1911... and the demonstrator said... you have to find the "sweet spot"... for it to hang correctly... I do like that you can draw from it one handed.... But.. the more I think about concelament, I'd rather have a tuckable that works with MY gun specifically... that I can adjust the cant on... that conceals well... and that I can prove with a trial period... that narrows it down to the Kholster for me... for front carry... the smart carry... If Celpal will allow a return for refund... I Might try it.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I do have to say, that I tried the cel pal at the gun show.... with his dummy 1911... and the demonstrator said... you have to find the "sweet spot"... for it to hang correctly... I do like that you can draw from it one handed.... But.. the more I think about concelament, I'd rather have a tuckable that works with MY gun specifically... that I can adjust the cant on... that conceals well... and that I can prove with a trial period... that narrows it down to the Kholster for me... for front carry... the smart carry... If Celpal will allow a return for refund... I Might try it.
    When I emailed CellPal, the response I got was:

I don't see anything on your website for the guarantee/warranty can you send me some specifics?

***KM Ė We offer a 15 Day return policy. I have been wearing my Cell Pal everyday for over 4 years in Phoenix, AZ weather and itís still going strong.

Will this holster work with sweats with drawstrings or is a belt required?

***KM- That depends on the size of gun you are using. I have customers who live in sweats and basketball shorts. They carry 380ís and .38ís without too much issue .

Now being leather I'm sure that this is also hot to wear. I think I will go with the SmartCarry for limited use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12