breaking in a Fobus paddle holster

Thread: breaking in a Fobus paddle holster

breaking in a Fobus paddle holster

I have a fobus paddle holster for my new G19. I have the same holster for my S&W Sigma and my Ruger SP101. On the glock holster, the fit is very snug and wondering if anyone has a solution to loosen it up?

Bill

I had one for my M&P45 and was not all that happy with the fit. I exchanged it for the Blackhawk Serpa and found that better. The only issue I have with that style of holster is that they kinda stick out too far from my side.

Anyway. Try this (Unloaded gun, of course). If you have a hair dryer heat the holster evenly. Take the unloaded gun and put it into a sock. With the holster heated push the gun in the sock into the holster and let it stay in there overnight. I use the procedure (no heat) to loosen my leather holsters when they hold a little too firmly.

Peace.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Thanks for the tip. I also bought a EO Tech holster that really stuck out when I carried so I went for the fobus which rides close..

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I also bought a EO Tech holster that really stuck out when I carried so I went for the fobus which rides close..
    Is a leather OWB out of the question? If not check out the DeSantis line. I have 2 and have grown to like them more than the composite holsters. I'll post some pictures.

Peace...

The DeSantis holsters.

The material that Fobus uses is not Kydex. I had trouble with mine for my G-27 and G-33. It would pull the holster off your belt before it would release the firearm. You can't heat it to reform the holster like you can do with Kydex. I put them on the shelf and made my own Kydex holsters for them.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    The material that Fobus uses is not Kydex. I had trouble with mine for my G-27 and G-33. It would pull the holster off your belt before it would release the firearm. You can't heat it to reform the holster like you can do with Kydex. I put them on the shelf and made my own Kydex holsters for them.
    And there you have it. Thanks RedHat. I never really liked it from the get go. When drawing from the Fobus it felt like you were pulling the holster up and sideways causing the firearm to bind. I took it back after a week and used the refund for the Blackhawk Serpa. The Serpa has the manual lock that is positioned right where your finger should go for a draw, along the side of the frame above the trigger guard. Once the lock is open the draw is smooth. Anyway. I have come to like the feel of leather for an OWB. So a DeSantis thumb break has become my favorite. Just me...

Peace...

I usually go with Galco and will look at them or a desanti. The fobus I use for my SP101 and S&W Sigma work fine and release as designed...oh well..