Concealed Carry Jackets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Jackets

Concealed Carry Jackets

I just ordered a Concealed Carry Jacket. Has anyone used one of these? If so, do you still have the gun in a holster?
    www.holstershock.com

Tell 'em CDR Glock sent ya!

No the gun does not go into a traditional holster on most.
    I ordered a concealed carry vest from N.R.A. Not only was it junk but expensive junk to boot. I hope you ordered from someone else. The carry pockets on either side of front both ripped out and the holsters are no more than elastic cheaply sewn to Velcro. My wife makes all my concealed carry jackets and vests now. She sews in a cloth holster (fit to the gun) to one of the outside pockets. She uses a Carhartt jacket or vest to start with and then sews in the cloth holster, it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    No the gun does not go into a traditional holster on most.
    I ordered a concealed carry vest from N.R.A. Not only was it junk but expensive junk to boot. I hope you ordered from someone else. The carry pockets on either side of front both ripped out and the holsters are no more than elastic cheaply sewn to Velcro. My wife makes all my concealed carry jackets and vests now. She sews in a cloth holster (fit to the gun) to one of the outside pockets. She uses a Carhartt jacket or vest to start with and then sews in the cloth holster, it works great.
    Can you post a photo of your wife's work? Thanks!

Duke, It was not from the NRA. It was from The Sportsmans Guide. I needed a light coat, anyways, since Florida is not a cold state. I thought of getting a leather Sig Sauer jacket.
    www.holstershock.com

Personally I would only use the jacket for a burner/bug gun.

Still have your primary gun holstered on your hip. Just my experience.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

7. A concealed carry jacket is just a carry option I like to have. I have a box full of concealment/holster choices. How I carry varies with what I am wearing, where I am going, and what I am carrying. Yes, most of the time I carry the same way, A snubby, IWB strong side appendix position. and if I am wearing a jacket, I keep a BUG concealed in it. Or could chose to carry my 1911 in it. It's all about choices.
    Signature:
    Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Vinnie <>< John 3:16

one of the site sponsors sell concealed carry jackets that don't look bad at all...
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

Re: Concealed Carry Jackets

So I received the jacket. It has a snap for securing the gun. It has two holsters for magazines.

The problem with it's design is that the inner compartment flares open when a gun is in the holster and the jacket is unbuttoned. My only solution is to get a method of having the inner compartment secured with snaps, a zipper or other means.

It easily holds a Para P 14. Since it is heavily padded the gun does not show.
    www.holstershock.com

Don't guess you have pics or a link? I'm curious to know what it looks like.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

I ride a motorcycle so I specifically buy leather jackets/vests that have interior concealed carry pockets that snap shut. Too much lint collects in jacket pockets so I use Blackhawk nylon pocket holsters. A size 4 should hold a G23 or G27. The band around the middle is abrasive and keeps the holster in the pocket if you need to draw.

BLACKHAWK! Pocket Holster - BLACKHAWK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast