What's your prefered carry method? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What's your prefered carry method?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • OWB

34 20.73%
  • IWB

99 60.37%
  • Pocket

16 9.76%
  • Other

15 9.15%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your prefered carry method?

1. +1 on the Smartcarry.

I started out w/ a FIST #20 IWB, but I'm still working on getting used to it. I've been using the Smartcarry for about a month now and love it. It's still pretty warm here (mid 80's the last couple of weeks), so I've been wearing a lot of shorts and T-shirts; thus the Smartcarry. Once it gets cooler and I can wear some sweatshirts/jackets and jeans, I'll try the IWB more.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

Strong Side Hip.

My hangun can always and only be found on my strong side hip. Modified DeSantis Speed Scabbard.
    Last edited by Brian; 10-04-2007 at 03:35 PM.
    Brian P. Slattery

Big Daddy's Bail Bonds
    30 Mary St. #2
    Reno, NV 89509

Based solely on comfort, OWB is my preferred mode of carry. Unfortunately, since OWB does not conceal well under a t shirt and shorts during the summertime, I also alternate between SmartCarry and IWB during the summer. I've also tried a shoulder holster, but OWB (I use a Fobus paddle holster) is my favorite. If not for the anti gun climate of Gary, Indiana and concerns about retention, I probably would just open carry everywhere I go.

5. I carry IWB. I find I can conceal my gun better. I carry a G19 with a weapon mounted light on it. It would be a bit bulky for me to carry that in an OWB holster. I don't any method is totally perfect. It just depends on the user.
    Reputation is what people think you are. Character is who you really are.
    Take care of your character and your reputation will take care of itself.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Also known as "Hunter" on www.utahconcealedcarry.com

6. I usually carry with a SmartCarry holster mainly because I am often in slacks and button-up shirt for work. It feels comfortable and it often feels like it isn't even there (I carry a Taurus M85 .38 Special). Whenever I wear jeans or something else, I will use a IWB. I like both of them. I think I will try a OWB next. I live in a warm climate and I just don't think I wear enough clothes to cover it real well. Now that it is getting colder, perhaps I'll give it a try!

7. I carry my subcompact XD in a crossbreed supertuck. I really like this holster. So much so I have another supertuck on order for my Kimber Pro Covert.

I mostly use my SmartCarry. I just recently started using a IWB. Need to shed a few pounds so it can be comfortable. :o
    XD-45acp Comp.
    XD-357sig. Service
    XD-9 Service
    XD-40 SC
    XD-9 SC
    Walter P-22

My favorite mode of carry is weapon tucked away inside of my holster shirt, from 5.11 Tactical. My Sprinfield Armory subcompact 9mm is well concealed, and ready for use in a instant.
    Last edited by lukem; 03-04-2009 at 11:09 AM.

It depends on what I am doing.

I have about 5 or 6 holsters per gun, and I use them all.

I have Smart type Carry, fanny packs, pancake holsters, shoulder holsters and open carry belt holsters and high ride CC OWB holsters. These are what I use most often. It depends on what I am doing and what I am wearing,

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

The Pocket

I use an NAA 380 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. It isn't a 45 but it can be drawn very easily and it is not noticable. Until I can find a way to stash a Sig 220 someplace on my person that is hidden yet easily retrievable, this'll have to do.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast