Good News/Bad News - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Good News/Bad News

  1. I like that safe, but it won't fit in the center console of a GMC or Chevy truck... it's too deep...
    Center of Mass makes an in car gun safe similar, but thinner, in two sizes. I got the large and it fits perfectly in my fold up console...

    I'd link to it but I don't know if it would stand... so google Center of Mass car safe. that'll work.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    71
    Bad news? There is no end to how great I would feel if that happen to me. I mean; the fact that you took the time and effort to buy the safe, and did one heck of a clean install, and the guy couldn’t get to your gun, should make you feel pretty darn good! A lot of gun owners would have likely just stuffed the gun up and under the seat and that's it. You should send your story and this associated link, to Sentry Safe. They may well post your story and send you a new safe.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

  4. AWSOME! glad to know that a car safe save'd you HG from a Dirty bag getting it and using it to rob and store,person, or even using it to sell to a Drug dealer and its used to Kill a LEO...

    i use something a little different ,but still will carry a full size semi-auto..

    Secure-It Large Pistol Security Box 9-1/2" x 6-1/2" x 1-3/4" Steel Black - MidwayUSA

  5. XDM's post on the midway box is a better deal than the (same) safe offered by COM And they're on sale at Midway thru the enod of the month!... they make a comination lock version as well... but the combo lock seems unreliable based on reviews.

  6. #15
    JSDinTexas Guest
    This might be a good time to discuss the different brands. I recently bought a "GunVault" for my vehicle and have it secured with the GunVault cable through the seat frame.
    I just wonder if one brand is better than another?

  7. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, MI
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    AWSOME! glad to know that a car safe save'd you HG from a Dirty bag getting it and using it to rob and store,person, or even using it to sell to a Drug dealer and its used to Kill a LEO...

    i use something a little different ,but still will carry a full size semi-auto..

    Secure-It Large Pistol Security Box 9-1/2" x 6-1/2" x 1-3/4" Steel Black - MidwayUSA
    I have two of these and they are handy for many purposes BUT, I drive a 4 door passenger car and all the bundles of wires under my seat won't allow me to put it there :-(
    Life Member: USMC_DAV_VVA_MOPH_NRA

  8. Quote Originally Posted by VietVet68 View Post
    I have two of these and they are handy for many purposes BUT, I drive a 4 door passenger car and all the bundles of wires under my seat won't allow me to put it there :-(

    I drive a 4 dr little saturn and it fits under my driver's seat...What about the trunk of the car.???

  9. I have something similar to this. They call the one I have a security box. It is made pretty decent. It has the cable to wrap around the seat framing. I drive a Mercury Mountaineer and keep the box under the seat behind the driver's seat. I can pull it up on top of the center council to put my gun in it then I reach behind me and slide it under the seat. Hopefully it never gets tested but if it does, I will be glad I had it instead of just putting the gun in the council or the glove box.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I like that safe, but it won't fit in the center console of a GMC or Chevy truck... it's too deep...
    Center of Mass makes an in car gun safe similar, but thinner, in two sizes. I got the large and it fits perfectly in my fold up console...

    I'd link to it but I don't know if it would stand... so google Center of Mass car safe. that'll work.
    Looks like the Center of Mass vault is very impressive but too big for my Mustang. Turns out I already have one of the small cases -- got it in a group buy with a couple of friends and did not recognize the brand name.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, MI
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    I drive a 4 dr little saturn and it fits under my driver's seat...What about the trunk of the car.???
    My attitude is that if I leave home with my gun I'm not letting it out of my sight because I'm responsible for ANY activity with it.
    Life Member: USMC_DAV_VVA_MOPH_NRA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some good news about guns...
    By Templar in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 09:38 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 12:07 PM
  4. Good news in PA
    By DrDavidM in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
  5. Good News For The Shooting Sport
    By rabywk in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast