Daily Gear
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily Gear

Daily Gear

I'm curious. Besdies your firearm what gear does everyone carry on a daily basis? I carry a small pocket knife, small flashlight, and my phone.

Various handgun(s), spare mag(s) or spare speed strip(s)...depending on whether pistol or revolver.....small SOG folder, and Bright Strike Flashlight....sometimes pepper spray too.

Edc

I recently started carrying a "man purse" to work and sometimes on the weekends I'll leave it in the truck when I go places.

27 oz. Kleen Kanteen
    Kershaw Leek
    Case pocket knife
    clicky ball point pen
    Bullet Space Pen
    small moleskin notebook
    4 Sevens Preon 2 flashlight
    Nitecore EX10 flashlight
    Spare CR123 batts
    OTC pain and stomach relief meds
    USB charging cable for cell phone
    When I'm feeling particularly self conscious about my man purse, I'll carry the Leek and one of the flashlights in my pockets.

I may carry a gun in this bag (but not to work!) but I don't like that option. I am still looking and saving $ for a concealed gun and researching holster options that will accommodate a big dude.

BTW bdlove I live in Greer. took my CWP course with Mark Bilicki back in March.

Kershaw Whirlwind knife, Coast Triplet flashlight, Victorinox pocket knife, Cobra long bore 9mm 2 shot derringer somewhere on my wheelchair along with various tools under the seat. Oh and 1,000,000.00 in cash just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    ... Oh and 1,000,000.00 in cash just in case!
    Few of us have the resources to carry that much, but I've been in a small town when the phones were out and charging gasoline was not possible. I try to make sure I've got a couple of these:

on me for those times when plastic is not 'efficacious' and one or two of these:

for needed purchases during a true emergency. I know some carry a gold coin of two, but that's worth too much for emergency gas, food, or other essentials -- there would be no good way to get change and people might be wary of a trade involving such an imbalance of value. Silver makes better sense for everyday needs in extraordinary circumstances.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by footballboy3 View Post
    I may carry a gun in this bag (but not to work!) but I don't like that option. I am still looking and saving $ for a concealed gun and researching holster options that will accommodate a big dude.

BTW bdlove I live in Greer. took my CWP course with Mark Bilicki back in March.
    I am a big dude myself. I carry an XD 9mm with no problem with the holster it came with, however i will be getting a Crossbreed Supertuck soon. I have family in Greer. I live in the Greenwood/Saluda area.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Few of us have the resources to carry that much, but I've been in a small town when the phones were out and charging gasoline was not possible. I try to make sure I've got a couple of these:

on me for those times when plastic is not 'efficacious' and one or two of these:

for needed purchases during a true emergency. I know some carry a gold coin of two, but that's worth too much for emergency gas, food, or other essentials -- there would be no good way to get change and people might be wary of a trade involving such an imbalance of value. Silver makes better sense for everyday needs in extraordinary circumstances.
    You know that was a joke right? If I had a million dollars I'd be somewhere sitting behind a slot machine

You know that was a joke right? If I had a million dollars I'd be somewhere sitting behind a slot machine
    I am pretty sure he caught that. If I had a million I would be on my land somewhere in the mountains with only one way in. As far as what I carry daily, my HK, extra magazine tactical flashlight and often, depending on how I am dressed, a second handgun.. I need to start carrying a knife and or a tool like my SOG.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    As a wise old owl once said, "The world may never know."

I'm not that slow!
    YouTube - Eastwood- A Man's Got to Know his Limitations
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast