CC Permit Question

Thread: CC Permit Question

CC Permit Question

Hay All,
    Currently Iím living in Arizona and have a questing about when I get my CC Permit, will it transfer when I get out of the Marine Corps and go back to North Carolina, or will I have to take the course they offer there and pay all of the fees? I look over NC Web Site and canít find anything! Thanks!

You will have to show a certificate of training from a North Carolina accepted course. I believe Arizona's training will suffice. I don't know how long the training is valid for but the following may help with requirements:

North Carolina Concealed Carry Permit Information

ronwill,
    Thanks, I'm in the Military and getting a CC permit here is very easy here in AZ, all states should be like this one! I will probably have to do everything as I was getting a new one in NC.

Retired Air Force myself. Lucky to have been stationed in mostly gun friendly states like Arizona, Texas, Utah, New Mexico (my home state) and finally here in Georgia. Most of the rest of the time I was overseas ( just under half of my career).

Arizona CCW Permit - AZ CCW

Hi Hartley,

Arizona's CCW permit is recognized by North Carolina. As long as your permit is currently valid in Arizona, it will be recognized in N.C. Here is a great reference from Arizona Department of Public Safety:

Concealed Weapons Reciprocal and Recognition Agreements - Arizona Department of Public Safety

Of course, always be on the safe side and contact N.C. to confirm reciprocity. Best regards and thanks for serving our country!

Quote Originally Posted by kforce View Post
    Hi Hartley,

Arizona's CCW permit is recognized by North Carolina. As long as your permit is currently valid in Arizona, it will be recognized in N.C. Here is a great reference from Arizona Department of Public Safety:

Concealed Weapons Reciprocal and Recognition Agreements - Arizona Department of Public Safety

Of course, always be on the safe side and contact N.C. to confirm reciprocity. Best regards and thanks for serving our country!
    Yes Arizona's permit is accepted by North Carolina but he is going to set up residency in North Carolina. I believe once he does that he will have to obtain a NC permit.