Are gun belts really worth it?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are gun belts really worth it?

Are gun belts really worth it?

I have an Acker dress belt. It looks really good and functions well. So I would have to say "yes it's worth it". It was very reasonably priced at only about $35. It is reinforced to keep it from being extremely thick. What do you guys think? Are they generally worth the price?
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I remember when I was getting my first CTAC Holster and was told I needed a good belt. I really didn't want to spend $100 on a belt as I've always just went with a cheap $20 belts. But I'm glad I paid the money and got one because it has been well worth it. I've tried carrying with a regular belt and they just aren't sturdy enough IMO.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

There are a couple of off the shelf retail belts that will work well, but you have to really hunt for them. I would always recommend spending the extra $$$ and getting a quality gun belt.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

If one is carrying a gun for a long period of time, especially a heavy gun, or while participating in activities such as running, climbing, etc... a good reinforced belt is a back-saver, and prevents pants sagging.

I've worn pistols for 24+hrs straight before while standing, walking, in vehicles, and sitting... and it's comforting to know that the gun stays exactly where I put it, and it's weight is evenly distributed.

I was originally under the opinion that they were overpriced and really not worth the extra money until after Kansas finally passed our concealed carry law and I started carrying everyday.

I bit the bullet and spent 75 bucks on a decent Kydex reinforced 1.5" leather gunbelt. It's become my everyday belt and is VERY comfortable. It doesn't get out of shape and sag under the weight of even my full size 1911.

Prior to this, I was using $11 to $20 Wally World leather belts that were supposed to be decent quality, but ripped apart under the extra strain of supporting my gun along with my pants.

No more cheap belts for me.
    kscchtrainer
    KS certified Concealed Carry Instructor
    moderator, KSCCW.COM forum

What this country needs is more unemployed politicians!

I've never carried without a 'gun belt'. I figured from all my pre-permit forum browsing that there must really be something to a dedicated carry belt and I ordered one at the same time I ordered my holster, and received them within a few days of each other.
    I know my everyday belt won't do this:

So, yes, I definitely think they're worth it.
    Luke 22:35-36

كافر

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    I've never carried without a 'gun belt'. I figured from all my pre-permit forum browsing that there must really be something to a dedicated carry belt and I ordered one at the same time I ordered my holster, and received them within a few days of each other.
    I know my everyday belt won't do this:

So, yes, I definitely think they're worth it.

That is proof enough for me.......

9. Muzz, I must have seen this question asked a million times and answered about two million.

That photo is the single best answer I've ever seen.

Joe

Regular belts just don't cut it. After ordering an Aker and a UBG belt, I can't imagine carrying without one of them (UBG preferred). It makes a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    Muzz, I must have seen this question asked a million times and answered about two million.

That photo is the single best answer I've ever seen.

Joe
    I thought it was a pretty good illustration. I was messing with my carry gear one night and curiosity got the better of me - I wondered if, as well as it held things in upright and in place, if it would do it without me in it. Both those mags are fully loaded, and that belt is not as short as it should be :o

Its a standard cowhide Rafter S, BTW.
    www.raftersgunleather.com/Belts.htm
    Luke 22:35-36

كافر

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast