I Need Your Input - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need Your Input

I keep my gun daily in a cheap 20 dollar uncle mikes hip NYLON holster. You can use a cheap holster but there are some basic requirements.

1. Dont use velcro to secure your gun, it gives your position away as you draw and it takes effort to get it open; Have either open, inside thumb snap, or internal retention with a screw.

2. The gun should slide in and out with ease. If its tight enough to draw up with the holster without anything else holding the gun down, find something else.

3. The holster should fit securely to your belt. AKA if the holster goes up so should your belt and you. That means a belt slide, good paddle clip, or tight belt clips. There is a 20 uncle mike holster that I first bought with cheap belt clips. I would never use it for concealment as I can pull the holster off with my pinky. Its only meant to protect my finish.

4. The walls of the holster should be thick or hard enough to protect the gun and trigger well from damage or disturbance. 10 ply nylon not kiddie toy 2 cent nylon.

I know I'll probably get flamed for saying that cheap holsters can be good. But, its true. You just have to meet the requirements. If you cannot draw your gun from the same position in the same speed with the same manner each time then you should not use that holster. However, there are less than 80 dollar options out there for the financially declined that work wonders. Just my bucket of pennies.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Quote Originally Posted by whiptrackercracker View Post
    I keep my gun daily in a cheap 20 dollar uncle mikes hip NYLON holster. You can use a cheap holster but there are some basic requirements.
    May be better to say a less expensive holster than a cheap one.
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU

Did you get a new holster yet Bucho? And what gun are you carrying with what (bad) holster. Others can learn from that little tidbit.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12