Surefire vs Insight

Thread: Surefire vs Insight

1. Surefire vs Insight

Which would you recomend? I like the 6p defender because of price and the striking capabilitys but am wondering how bright and how far the beam will be, also is a strobe mode really nessesary or is on and off just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NewLife2626 View Post
    Which would you recomend? I like the 6p defender because of price and the striking capabilitys but am wondering how bright and how far the beam will be, also is a strobe mode really nessesary or is on and off just fine.
    If you are looking at the 6P LED Defender that has 120 lumen output, I think you will be satisfied with the output. I have used the same light without the striking bezel for night shooting classes and it stays with my by-the-bed gun.

Though light output is measurable, our individual perception of it undoubtedly varies. The 120 lumen output works for my old, tired eyes at typical self-defense distances.

Having said all that, I admit that I occasionally lust for one of the 200 lumen lights with the striking bezel. As far as light goes, more is better and the defensive feature could come in handy.

P.S. I have no experience with strobe mode.
    Last edited by kudzu; 01-08-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Added P.S. re strobe mode.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Quote Originally Posted by NewLife2626 View Post
    Go with the new SureFire 6px line. They cost as much as the 120Lum lights but give you 200lum for 69.99. They also have a strike bezel on them. I have been looking at them or a 120lum 6p led for my carry and I cant seem to make up my mind lol.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!