GunVault MV500 Reviews

Thread: GunVault MV500 Reviews

GunVault MV500 Reviews

Does anyone have a Gun Vault Micro vault 500? Please share your experiences.

I bought one for the night stand and for what they are, they seem a little pricey. I just couldn't find anything else that fits in the area, and is easily accessible.

[QUOTE=weekendskp;178591]Does anyone have a Gun Vault Micro vault 500? Please share your experiences.

I bought one for the night stand and for what they are, they seem a little pricey. I just couldn't find anything else that fits in the area, and is easily accessible.[/QUOT

Here is a link to 28 reviews on that item.

Amazon.com: Gunvault MV500-STD Microvault Pistol Gun Safe: Sports & Outdoors

YouTube - MV500 & MVB500 Bio Pistol Safe by Gunvault

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

4. I just bought one of these for the car. I have the larger deluxe models for the bedroom. The MV500 is larger then I expected, and will hold my S&W 5906 well with plenty room for extra clips. I do miss the featured spring loaded door like the larger models have. But it does the job of what I need it for!

Quote Originally Posted by louisgleason View Post
    I just bought one of these for the car. I have the larger deluxe models for the bedroom. The MV500 is larger then I expected, and will hold my S&W 5906 well with plenty room for extra clips. I do miss the featured spring loaded door like the larger models have. But it does the job of what I need it for!
    Not sure if the have fixed the problem but I saw a video of a guy tapping on the outside of the safe and he got it to open. For the prices of the safes I looked at other companies I'm not going to spend 300 or more on a small safe when for 500 I can buy a huge 24 gun sentry fire proof safe.

YouTube - UNSAFE GUN SAFE VAULT

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    For the prices of the safes I looked at other companies I'm not going to spend 300 or more on a small safe when for 500 I can buy a huge 24 gun sentry fire proof safe.
    I have a huge gun safe that is fire rated, but it doesn't sit next to the bed, or transport to the truck. I just need something to secure by the bedside. I have a little guy I want to keep safe until he's old enough to know not to touch.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    I have a huge gun safe that is fire rated, but it doesn't sit next to the bed, or transport to the truck. I just need something to secure by the bedside. I have a little guy I want to keep safe until he's old enough to know not to touch.
    Take a look at the sentry auto safe. I'm going to be picking one of them up soon for use in the car.

Amazon.com: SentrySafe AS-1 Autosafe with Security Cable: Office Products

Also take a look at the Car safe thread I started it has alot of useful safes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Take a look at the sentry auto safe. I'm going to be picking one of them up soon for use in the car.

Amazon.com: SentrySafe AS-1 Autosafe with Security Cable: Office Products

Also take a look at the Car safe thread I started it has alot of useful safes in it.
    That's what I use and it has already withstood a thief's effort to break into it. It's kinda small so make sure your piece will fit in it.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Thumbs up Gv2000c dlx

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Does anyone have a Gun Vault Micro vault 500? Please share your experiences.

I bought one for the night stand and for what they are, they seem a little pricey. I just couldn't find anything else that fits in the area, and is easily accessible.
    I bought the GV2000C DLX. I did a lot of research in this area and found this to be my best option. The shelf is only .187 ABS plastic but seems to hold well when placed in correctly. Didn't have an issue installing the batteries like everyone else talked about on reviews. The LED light is ok but mainly only lights the top shelf. Comes with an AC adapter, so the batteries are mainly for backup. It holds my Springfield XD .45 Service and Brownjng Buckmark with an extra mag for each comfertably. I paid just under $200 for it and find it a extremly valuable asset. I can easily roll over out of bed in the pitch black dark and punch in the combo with my fingers by feel and have the gun out in under 3-5 seconds. This product has my endorsement for what it's worth. I bought this model mainly because I wanted to store more than one weapon. When my Tauras PT-145 comes in i'll easily be able to push the buckmark to the back and put the Tauras up in front of it.
    I don't belive these are 100% break in proof but with a baby girl growing up in the house this seemed the best fit for me. I have a small fireproof sentry safe that I used first but didn't feel good about leaving it unlocked because the thought of jiggling and fumbling with keys in the dark to open it didn't appeal to me. Every second counts.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by louisgleason View Post
    The MV500 is larger then I expected, and will hold my S&W 5906 well with plenty room for extra clips.
    The S&W 5906 does not use "clips" to feed ammo, it uses detachable magazines. IIRC, the only pistol that did use clips to load ammo was the mauser "broomhandle" from the WWI era.