Concealed Carry Holsters for the Ruger SR40 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Holsters for the Ruger SR40

1. I have the sr9c and use the Crossbreed Super Tuck. Very comfortable. I can sit in my vehicle and in any chair and can tuck in my T shirt in the summer without a problem. Sweet holster.

3. The SR9 is just a bit narrower then the SR40 but they are very close.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBack View Post
    I've heard that the SR9 versions "will work"...guess I'm not too hot on that concept...may find a lesser expensive "universal" alternative until there's something "right" on the market.
    Thanks for the input people!
    I've found as a lot of people here will tell you that Hybrid (Leather/Kydex) IWB's are great. If the 9/40 have a very small width difference I wouldn't worry about buying one for the SR9, Just put yours in and heat up the Kydex a little with a blow dryer (NOT a heatgun) All kydex IWB have a little extra "bulge" to allow for the front sights to have some wiggle room so you don't have to draw perfectly straight up. I did the same thing to my Supertuck that was for my Sigma, but I also wanted to use it for my M&P there VERY close so thats all it took. Now they both "Click" in when I use that holser and nothing rubs on either gun. Leather IWB's are also very nice but prolonged use MAY screw up your finish. I've got a no-name one but don't use it often because of that.

I've got a local guy making us a holster right now and if that doesn't "feel right" I'll go with either the CrossBreed or the CompTac...hear good results with those brands.

Just don't go with K&D Holsters unless you're willing to wait 10 weeks. I ordered one for a PF-9 in January. I emailed to inquire at 8 weeks about the status, and they canceled my order.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Smile

Check out Crossbreed Holsters > Home, they make a very comfortable IWB holster. I have their "super tuck deluxe" for all of my carry guns. I have tried a lot of custom leather and nothing has been as comfortable. I also have an OWB holster from High Noon Holsters.

I have order the SuperTuck Deluxe for SR9 for my SR40. I went online to Ruger and found that the dimensions SR9 specs and the SR40 specs. are the same. I should be receiving the holster in another week or so and will post results once it comes in.

Maybe the Kholster...see they're running a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBack View Post
    Maybe the Kholster...see they're running a sale.
    Can't go wrong, I just bought another one. How can you not for $39!

11. Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Just don't go with K&D Holsters unless you're willing to wait 10 weeks. I ordered one for a PF-9 in January. I emailed to inquire at 8 weeks about the status, and they canceled my order.
    No, that's not the whole story and you know it. Your order was cancelled because you came in and started criticizing us about our business practices and the wait time. I don't tolerate that.

So, in the future Mr. weekendskp, I'd strongly suggest you give the complete story rather than just part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast