Concealed Carry Holsters for the Ruger SR40 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed Carry Holsters for the Ruger SR40

1. I recently purcased a DeSantis paddle hoster for mine and it works quite well, getting used to the thumb-break is a little odd but comes with time. Otherwise it woorks great for my Glock 22, and my Taurus PT140 as well (go figure).

I found a brand called Tagua that is pretty good - nice quality leather and reasonable prices. They are Paraguayan but I've got one for my Kahr PM9 (it is supposed to fit a PM40 but it works) and it fits well, plus with the leather it will give a little bit.

Best advice I've gotten on holsters is to take the gun to a gun store with a wide selection. Even if they don't have something made for that gun it is likely you can find something that will fit.

I'll 2nd a vote for the Crossbreed; I just got mine today for my SR9 and it took all of 3 minutes for me to be impressed. The way my SR9 fits I could EASILY see the SR40 fitting even if it is a LITTLE tighter. I bet it would work great and you can use the hair-dryer trick to make it fit better if you need to. They come with instructions on doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Falcon View Post
    I'll 2nd a vote for the Crossbreed; I just got mine today for my SR9 and it took all of 3 minutes for me to be impressed. The way my SR9 fits I could EASILY see the SR40 fitting even if it is a LITTLE tighter. I bet it would work great and you can use the hair-dryer trick to make it fit better if you need to. They come with instructions on doing that.
    I have a local guy making me a holster and I ordered a Kholster when they were on sale, still planning on grabbing a CB at some point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123