Galco just lost my business, and money - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Galco just lost my business, and money

There's always two sides to every story and SHAMUSPI shows the flip side of Bill King's glowing online support of Galco. Time to step up Bill and show us that high praise you heaped on is to be deserved and not just a bunch of keyboard hype. I'll be waiting to see how you resolve his complaints with "professional treatment" since SHAMUSPI's first encounter was with you directly.

3X PM

Bill - I should add, that in case you are wondering, I have not bothered to contact you/Galco over the issue of the magazine/light carrier, because after your initial response to my problem with your swivels, why should I bother with complaining about another? I felt/feel I would have gotten the same "it is how it is supposed to be/it is my problem, not yours" response.

What a great way to be a company's customer service supervisor. Most certainly, you are saving the company money by not eating your faults.

I'll wait for your response.

Good Morning Richard,

I must disagree. I didnít just leave it there. I said it was likely a break in issue and gave you some quick break in directions.
    Your email complained of a swivel keeper not working. You requested that we return it for trimming. Due to the template used to cut the may pouch out, it is highly unlikely the swivel attachment tab needs trimming. If it is the template, then the entire batch is likely affected (which is why I checked current stock). It is more likely a break in. Below is my response to your inquiry.

I pulled one from stock to check it. Keeping in mind that the swivel only rotates a few degrees in either direction, this is probably a break in issue.

Hold the leather in place and grasp the swivel keeper. Force it to move back and forth a few degrees. The leather underneath will form to the plastic and the swivel will rotate much better after use.

Break in issues are common in the holster business. The return is the second step and not the first. Emails such as mine usually resolve the issue. If they do not, the customer then contacts us to advise of such. Your lack of reply to my email was typical of a customer that had resolved the issue.
    It is not our intent to avoid the return, by having a customer run through a break in, they are able to use the item within minutes as opposed to returning it to us to break in. While we are more than happy to do so, it does add to the time the customer is without product.

Typical issues with the mag flashlight pouch are adjustment related. The magazines are tightened with the top set of tension units only. The lower set is for the light. Adjust the lights first, then the magazines.
    Release tension on both sets. Place your light in the pouch and set the tension, then place the mags in and set the tension for them. Do not adjust the lower set for the mags.
    If the light is still too tight, use the "blocking" technique. Place the light in a freezer bag, put it in the pouch (you may have to twist left right as you insert to avoid ripping the bag) tighten both bottom tension units very snug and walk away. Wait a few hours and come back. Release the tension, take the light out and remove the bag. Repeat the first step and they should work.

I would be happy to issue an RA number and take a look at the pouch. PM me after following the directions above or if you just donít want to do the break in. I will send a call tag and personally break it into the 6P that sits on my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD PADAWAN View Post
    Good Morning Richard,

I must disagree. I didn’t just leave it there. I said it was likely a break in issue and gave you some quick break in directions.
    Your email complained of a swivel keeper not working. You requested that we return it for trimming. Due to the template used to cut the may pouch out, it is highly unlikely the swivel attachment tab needs trimming. If it is the template, then the entire batch is likely affected (which is why I checked current stock). It is more likely a break in. Below is my response to your inquiry.

I pulled one from stock to check it. Keeping in mind that the swivel only rotates a few degrees in either direction, this is probably a break in issue.

Hold the leather in place and grasp the swivel keeper. Force it to move back and forth a few degrees. The leather underneath will form to the plastic and the swivel will rotate much better after use.

Break in issues are common in the holster business. The return is the second step and not the first. Emails such as mine usually resolve the issue. If they do not, the customer then contacts us to advise of such. Your lack of reply to my email was typical of a customer that had resolved the issue.
    It is not our intent to avoid the return, by having a customer run through a break in, they are able to use the item within minutes as opposed to returning it to us to break in. While we are more than happy to do so, it does add to the time the customer is without product.

Typical issues with the mag flashlight pouch are adjustment related. The magazines are tightened with the top set of tension units only. The lower set is for the light. Adjust the lights first, then the magazines.
    Release tension on both sets. Place your light in the pouch and set the tension, then place the mags in and set the tension for them. Do not adjust the lower set for the mags.
    If the light is still too tight, use the "blocking" technique. Place the light in a freezer bag, put it in the pouch (you may have to twist left right as you insert to avoid ripping the bag) tighten both bottom tension units very snug and walk away. Wait a few hours and come back. Release the tension, take the light out and remove the bag. Repeat the first step and they should work.

I would be happy to issue an RA number and take a look at the pouch. PM me after following the directions above or if you just don’t want to do the break in. I will send a call tag and personally break it into the 6P that sits on my desk.
    Bill, I followed your advice, over and over again. While sitting watching TV I would have your holster/harness in hand working them back and forth dozens, if not hundreds of times. I even rubbed in your Draw-Eze lube to no effect. It was obvious and clear that the problem was excessive leather under the swivels, square cut so that the swivels would strike a high point and move no further. This leather SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT ROUNDED so to allow the swivels move with much greater rotation. Your email response left me with an all too typical response of "you are hired to save the company money; so do so." You state to keep in mind the swivel only rotates a "few" degrees - but your sales catalog only speaks of freedom of movement. Legally, I guess 5 - 8 (estimate) degrees may qualify for freedom, but it does not to those of us pilgrams out here.

As the the magazine/flashlight holder, I went so far as to remove the tension screws completely, with very little relief. As I read your advice about placing a freezer bag over the light, for some reason I was reading, "go to your nightstand, take out three lubricated condoms and stretch them over the flashlight; force it into the leather recepticle......" Why is your advice not published in your catalog?

No, Bill, at this point, having problems with two of your products, and not being as stupid as Obama, you are still putting up a defense.

I have already "solved" the problem with the lack of movement in your swivels (by cutting off the excess leather), but I can not solve a lack of leather with the magazine/light holder. Before everyone on this site (I WILL NOT SEND YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE), I want you to issue me a RA for either a unit that has been tested and will work; or a refund (I have the invoice). Frankly, to tell me/us, after the sale, to bag up my light, force it in and wait, tells me your products are not ready for public use. I long for the former Jackass Leather Company.

6. I probably would have hung up on you as well, the way you’re carrying on. Two sides to every story some where is the truth. Black Balling is not the answer unless it is GM. I hope I never piss you off.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I probably would have hung up on you as well, the way youíre carrying on. Two sides to every story somewhere <in the middle?> is the truth. Black Balling is not the answer unless it is GM. I hope I never piss you off.
    Bill wrote: "I would be happy to issue an RA number and take a look at the pouch. PM me after following the directions above or if you just donít want to do the break in. I will send a call tag and personally break it into the 6P that sits on my desk."

Seems like a decent offer to me. I hope SHAMUSPI will take it and move on so we can put this thread to bed. Looking more and more to be an isolated case since no one else has jumped in to corroborate SHAMUSPI's negative experience.

3X PM

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMUSPI View Post
    I long for the former Jackass Leather Company.
    And I think you are begining to sound like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry561 View Post
    Yea I Agree Galco Sucks . I had broke a Paddle on one of my holsters and called for a replacement.After being on hold for some time I hung up and called back just to get the same "PEGGY" She told me the part was $24.00 and $6 shipping. and it was on back order.. "Peggy" the non English speaking rep,told me I had to pay for it and it would ship when it came in (in 8-10 weeks). NO THANKS. Oh Yea the holster is $34 New

Did 'Peggy" tell you you were "Tenacious like bull!" ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I own 3 Galco holsters (SUM218 / SUM288 / CM222C) Two summer comforts IWBs and a Combat Master pancake style holster. The Combat Master was tighter than a monkeyís butt when I bought it (No I did nt compare) I stuck my CZ75B in a dress sock and holstered it over night, problem solved. The holster is still a little snug but I prefer that.

I purchased mine at Specialty Sports and Supply in Colorado Springs. They have a huge selection of Galco products (The place is like a Super Wal Mart for guns) and Ií never had to deal W/ Galco customer service but I have no reason to stop using their product

Beyond that, theyíre holsters; they have no moving parts how defective can they possibly be?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

The swivels on our holsters and magazine pouches are not intended to rotate 90 degrees. The attachment tabs are rectangular by design, not by error. I can appreciate that you feel this does not meet your needs, we have however been using the stronger rectangles in excess of 20 years.

The issue with your Mag pouch isn’t a lack of leather, its shrinkage due to wet molding. It is in the nature for leather to shrink as it dries. Sometimes it shrinks a little and sometimes it shrinks a lot. This varies from holster to holster. Similar directions can be found on most leather holster manufacturer’s websites.

You are correct that we do not include break in directions in the current catalog. The catalog does however refer the customer to the product information guide included in every holster. It also tells you how to obtain a new one. Break in directions are also included on the website.

While condoms might be effective in the break in process, I would not recommend them. The intent of the blocking process is to temporarily enlarge the exterior of the item being placed in the holster. Condoms by design are very thin and tend to be comparatively fragile. I would recommend a couple of Ziploc style bags or a single Zip lock freezer style bag.

The reason that I asked you to PM me for the call tag was for your security, not ours. I will not post your address on this forum. I welcome you to so and I will write the RA accordingly (we need the address to be able to ship the item back to you). I would be happy to send a call tag as well. Your options for receipt are fax, email or snail mail. I will of course need the corresponding information.

Please make an identifiable mark on your mag pouch prior to returning it. I recommend initials on the interior surface. I don’t want there to be any confusion that the mag pouch we return is the same one that you send in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast