Galco just lost my business, and money - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Galco just lost my business, and money

Quote Originally Posted by OLD PADAWAN View Post
    While condoms might be effective in the break in process, I would not recommend them. The intent of the blocking process is to temporarily enlarge the exterior of the item being placed in the holster. Condoms by design are very thin and tend to be comparatively fragile. I would recommend a couple of Ziploc style bags or a single Zip lock freezer style bag.
    Dress socks rock (There is only one gun in my collection that will ever wear a condom)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. Quote Originally Posted by OLD PADAWAN View Post
    The swivels on our holsters and magazine pouches are not intended to rotate 90 degrees. The attachment tabs are rectangular by design, not by error. I can appreciate that you feel this does not meet your needs, we have however been using the stronger rectangles in excess of 20 years.

The issue with your Mag pouch isnít a lack of leather, its shrinkage due to wet molding. It is in the nature for leather to shrink as it dries. Sometimes it shrinks a little and sometimes it shrinks a lot. This varies from holster to holster. Similar directions can be found on most leather holster manufacturerís websites.

You are correct that we do not include break in directions in the current catalog. The catalog does however refer the customer to the product information guide included in every holster. It also tells you how to obtain a new one. Break in directions are also included on the website.

While condoms might be effective in the break in process, I would not recommend them. The intent of the blocking process is to temporarily enlarge the exterior of the item being placed in the holster. Condoms by design are very thin and tend to be comparatively fragile. I would recommend a couple of Ziploc style bags or a single Zip lock freezer style bag.

The reason that I asked you to PM me for the call tag was for your security, not ours. I will not post your address on this forum. I welcome you to so and I will write the RA accordingly (we need the address to be able to ship the item back to you). I would be happy to send a call tag as well. Your options for receipt are fax, email or snail mail. I will of course need the corresponding information.

Please make an identifiable mark on your mag pouch prior to returning it. I recommend initials on the interior surface. I donít want there to be any confusion that the mag pouch we return is the same one that you send in.
    Sounds like a very reasonable offer to me. I wonder if Shampi kicks his dog as well. Or maybe just a disgruntled union worker. Sound like Shampi owes an apology.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

All that I can say about this thread is that it caused me to buy another Galco holster today. I had a choice between several (since this one will take a month to get here), but I chose the Galco due to the responses by the company here.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Sounds like a very reasonable offer to me. I wonder if Shampi kicks his dog as well. Or maybe just a disgruntled union worker. Sound like Shampi owes an apology.
    My problem was/is with a company, not an individual (Bill). I expressed my issues and problems. You and G50AE on the other hand wish to attack me, trying to make it personal. No, I do not kick dogs - I shoot them (wild and ferel), and try to ignore those who can not address an issue so they attack the messenger.

In an edit, I will add, that it does seem Bill is trying to extend a hand to solve my issues. I will take him up on his offer - AND SEE! If he/the company makes it right, I will post just that and give credit. It is just frustrating to me to have two problems/issues with an established national company and pay prices that most consider high, and have to solve "my" problem with Glad bags. Stop and think about that.
    Last edited by SHAMUSPI; 03-30-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Added a thought.

6. Thanks for those kind words. I'm going to order another Galco holster Myself. Sounds like Galco is bending over backwards. By the way I own dogs and do not kick them or shoot them.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

7. Quote Originally Posted by SHAMUSPI View Post
    Bill, I followed your advice, over and over again. While sitting watching TV I would have your holster/harness in hand working them back and forth dozens, if not hundreds of times. I even rubbed in your Draw-Eze lube to no effect. It was obvious and clear that the problem was excessive leather under the swivels, square cut so that the swivels would strike a high point and move no further. This leather SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT ROUNDED so to allow the swivels move with much greater rotation. Your email response left me with an all too typical response of "you are hired to save the company money; so do so." You state to keep in mind the swivel only rotates a "few" degrees - but your sales catalog only speaks of freedom of movement. Legally, I guess 5 - 8 (estimate) degrees may qualify for freedom, but it does not to those of us pilgrams out here.

As the the magazine/flashlight holder, I went so far as to remove the tension screws completely, with very little relief. As I read your advice about placing a freezer bag over the light, for some reason I was reading, "go to your nightstand, take out three lubricated condoms and stretch them over the flashlight; force it into the leather recepticle......" Why is your advice not published in your catalog?

No, Bill, at this point, having problems with two of your products, and not being as stupid as Obama, you are still putting up a defense.

I have already "solved" the problem with the lack of movement in your swivels (by cutting off the excess leather), but I can not solve a lack of leather with the magazine/light holder. Before everyone on this site (I WILL NOT SEND YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE), I want you to issue me a RA for either a unit that has been tested and will work; or a refund (I have the invoice). Frankly, to tell me/us, after the sale, to bag up my light, force it in and wait, tells me your products are not ready for public use. I long for the former Jackass Leather Company.
    The plastic bag break-in is actually recommended by many companies who make leather holsters, it's not a BS recommendation. I just bought a holster for my G23 and it was a tight fit, I left the gun (no bag though) in overnight and it's much better.

Couple of things to realize - leather is a natural product and as has been pointed out, is subject to variations. You can make one holster one day that fits perfectly and another then next that is too tight and has to have a break in period.

Also, I find your comments about the design defects of Galco's product a bit dubious. First, Galco has been doing what they do for how long? Id bet money that they have a pretty good idea of what they are doing. Second, you don't offer any other documentation about the defect except your testimony, which really amounts to nothing at this point, especially since your representing yourself so well here. Perhaps pictures, or better video would help us, and Galco, understand what the issue is.

I might also suggest that you look at Kydex holsters, being plastic they don't require break-in which may be a bit simpler for you.

Finally, whatever might have happened before this thread, it's clear that Galco is trying to work with you. You might try the same.

Thumbs up Galco Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Thanks for those kind words. I'm going to order another Galco holster Myself. Sounds like Galco is bending over backwards.
    I think I will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy View Post
    The plastic bag break-in is actually recommended by many companies who make leather holsters, it's not a BS recommendation.
    Oh? In my 60 years on this earth I have never heard of such a thing, which, of course, does not mean it isn't true. Please identify which companies recommend this. A company/catalog quote would be great, as I am willing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMUSPI View Post
    Oh? In my 60 years on this earth I have never heard of such a thing, which, of course, does not mean it isn't true. Please identify which companies recommend this. A company/catalog quote would be great, as I am willing to learn.

Does it matter who reccomends it if it works?

Stick a dress sock on your flashlight and go to town
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Stick a dress sock on your flashlight and go to town
    And make sure it's a black sock because that looks more "tactical".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast