Galco just lost my business, and money - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Galco just lost my business, and money

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And make sure it's a black sock because that looks more "tactical".

Actually , Treo rolls Argyle

I must be luckier than I thought I never had to order anything from Galco. My local gun shop has it all on stock
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Actually , Treo rolls Argyle
    GolfKnickers.com - The Leader in Traditional Golf Apparel

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Did 'Peggy" tell you you were "Tenacious like bull!" ?
    Wonder if Bobby Bowden's found her yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMUSPI View Post
    Oh? In my 60 years on this earth I have never heard of such a thing, which, of course, does not mean it isn't true. Please identify which companies recommend this. A company/catalog quote would be great, as I am willing to learn.
    When I first got into shooting I was told to break in a holster similar to this. Only we did not use plastic bags, but several layers of plastic wrap. Then there was the same method, but we soaked the holster in water first and oil he heck out of the gun before wrapping it in plastic. After letting it dry for a day or so, the fit was perfect.

6. Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy View Post
    The plastic bag break-in is actually recommended by many companies who make leather holsters, it's not a BS recommendation.
    Yup. It's a common practice. I've gotten the same suggestion from several custom leather makers. The dummy guns they use to block the holster are made to insure a snug fit. A little break in work does the final fitting for your specific gun since it's MUCH, MUCH easier to stretch leather than it is to shrink it.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Wonder if Bobby Bowden's found her yet?
    Or his grand daughter Laura Bowden.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    ... The dummy guns they use to block the holster are made to insure a snug fit.
    Actually, that's not correct. Ring's Blueguns, which the majority of quality holster makers use, are true to size; consequently, will functional properly in high-security LE holsters and will activate the safety devices for realistic training. BTW, most models are also available in black color as well.

3X PM

I have several Galco holsters and all of them have served me well. I have always ordered direct from Galco and the folks on the phone have always taken the time to answer my questions and make suggestions.

I actually have a SSS (Side Snap Scabbard) coming my way at this time, as well as a double magazine holder.

They sell a quality product at a reasonable price and have always offered excellent service and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMUSPI View Post
    Oh? In my 60 years on this earth I have never heard of such a thing, which, of course, does not mean it isn't true. Please identify which companies recommend this. A company/catalog quote would be great, as I am willing to learn.
    Most do.

https://www.usgalco.com/QA.asp#Break-In+and+Holster+fit

11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Or his grand daughter Laura Bowden.
    Gulf 5.....are we realllllllly making meaningfull dialog here pertaning to the original topic?? Or, did you remove your "forum moderator" cap??
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast