Lockable box for handguns on flight - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockable box for handguns on flight

1. I've never had an issue. I keep the box on top of my clothes when I first get there and let the ticket agent know I'm checking a firearm. They give me a card to fill out and may or may not ask to see it. Then the TSA goes over the bag with their chemical sniffers, I bury the lock box back in the bag and pass it off and I'm on my way. Usually less than 10 extra minutes.

Tell the counter agent "I have an unloaded firearm to declare" instead of "I have a gun..." Keeps everyone much calmer.

Read the TSA and airline web sites for exact info. It's not difficult.

Check the TSA rules and your airline's rules. Some airlines have addittional rules to follow. The TSA may also have a list of approved containers and locks.

Here is a link to another post on this site that is worth reading if you're traveling with a firearm. He says it better than I could.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/alask...tml#post193383
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12