Lockable box for handguns on flight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockable box for handguns on flight

Lockable box for handguns on flight

Looking for recommendations on a relatively inexpensive, lockable box for a Springfield Armory Micro compact 1911, S&W .38 revolver and a Ruger LCP.

I will be flying with all three while moving from NY to Texas (FINALLY!) and want to follow the regs by the book. I have heard there are lockable boxes that can also be locked to the inside of you luggage.

Thanks very much for any input.

3. I use the center of mass lock box inside my luggage - has worked great so far.

In Car Gun Lockers

Bad website, great product.

Looks perfect, thank you very much.

I use this safe in both of my cars. I absolutely love and recommend it.
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I use this safe in both of my cars. I absolutely love and recommend it.
    Do you just toss it in the trunk? Or how do you use it?

I have a keyed model and two combination-lock models. Each came with a 1,500 lbs. test security cable as pictured in the following link. The security cables require no tools.

For the keyed model, I looped the cable through my spare tire mount. Although I haven't yet done this, I plan to use my two combination-lock models in my checked bags when flying...gun in one, ammo in the other. Presumably I can use the included security cable(s) to secure one or both safes to the bed frame in my hotel room.

NANO VAULT 100/200 - HANDGUN SAFES

But before you commit - check this out:

The Franzen Armloc II pistol case

Franzen Armloc II Pistol Case

This is a really versatile pistol case that locks with either a combination lock, cylinder lock, or both. It has a carry handle built in, and it comes with 2 mounting brackets - one for the bed frame for quick access to your SD weapon, and another for more permanent mount to a wall, car trunk, etc.

When you want to take the case with you, just unlock it & detach it from the mounting bracket via the thumbscrews below the padding.

This thing is thing is rock-solid too. Impossible to break in to (without power tools, anyway).

When mine isn't mounted to the bed frame, it's going with me to the range. This is a VERY high quality pistol case for less than $100.

(No, I don't work for the company. I'm an IT guy from Sacramento.)

I use Gunvault Microvault

You can buy them from Gunvault or Center of Mass. I can get 2 pistols with mags in it. I use it for auto and air travel. Comes with a security cable

10. Be ware of knock offs folks

Hi folks, I am brand new to your forum and for the sake of full disclosure I am the owner of Center Of Mass Central. Needless to say I am slight biased on this subject.

KevinD and everyone else, thank you very much for recommending the safes we sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Zebra View Post
    Although GunVault makes some nice safes and we also carry their biometric and finger sequence products. However I need to point out that GunVault stole the design for these car safes last year or so and dubbed them "nanovault".

The safes we sell are the original and we have been selling these since 2003. So be careful with what you buy where because you could be buying the knock off.

I will get out of your way now but feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Also, I don't surf forums very often because I am so darn busy so please forgive me if I don't reply instantly. However I will do my best to answer any questions you may have as quickly as I can.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I use the center of mass lock box inside my luggage - has worked great so far.

In Car Gun Lockers

Bad website, great product.
    Since your obviously checking the bag that has your safe in it, do you have to declare it when checking it, if so Does that get kinda messy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast