Can no longer trust StreamLight products with my life! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can no longer trust StreamLight products with my life!

I gave the Micro Stream to about 15 people for Christmas presents last Christmas and have not had a single report of anyone having a problem. I also carry one every day as a pocket light and have for about a year with no problem.
    You must have gotten a lemon times 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Safebustr View Post
    I gave the Micro Stream to about 15 people for Christmas presents last Christmas and have not had a single report of anyone having a problem. I also carry one every day as a pocket light and have for about a year with no problem.
    You must have gotten a lemon times 3.
    A lemon three times? Even if that was true that still leads back to POOR QC. There are large reports of people having the same problem. You know it's not just "Getting a lemon 3 times" when you call the company and they tell you that line has problems. Lets say I did just happen to buy the only three lights in the world that had a problem, would you keep buying from a company that sells stuff that does not work? Three times is enough money for me. I have had cheap gas station flash lights hold up better then the StreamLight items I had. If the SureFire has problems I'll be the first to say something.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I've got Streamlights all over the place here and on several weapons. Never had an issue with anyone of them. I've had two in extreme duty for 5+years on my helmet (firefighter). They have seen heavy smoke, high heat and loads of water and never failed to light the way for me.
    Our city's fire department uses them as well. From what I hear they are made to a higher standard then the "tactical" or "tacticool" line of lights.

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    I carried a SL-20 for years on the street, have 4 stingers that do house duty and a TLR1 mounted on a 1911 that does night duty. Never have had any more problems with Streamlight products than with any other.
    My choice of light has never had any problems and I have been using them since childhood. I even use them as hammers/clubs and they still work great. Mag Lights are built like tanks and it shows. But you can't carry around a D cell Mag light(could but it would suck.) I have two 19 dollar 75 lum Coleman lights I got from Wal-Mart that have never acted up(have had them about two years now.) Never owned a SureFire,they have always seemed extremely over priced! We shall see if the price and the name live up to it.

Man I don't use that product but just a little tip that may help.
    I take a small amount of the anti corrosion elecrto lube you get for battery terminals on your car and treat the batteries and all contacts with it (just a small amount) It really does a good job keeping continuity in the electrical current. They will usually give you a little packet of it at Autozone if you ask. I put it on all my lights seems to really help.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Can't go wrong with a Surefire! I got the Executive Defender, awesome light.

I carry a Rayovac flashlight for my pocket, and a 18 inch Streamlight DS LED light in my back pocket, then again, I work Private Policing, I need a good Flashlight, no issues with my stream light as of yet. Good light.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

9. Let's see here, and yes I'm going to throw you under the bus.

You chose to smack your light off something instead of trouble-shooting it. Once Streamlight offered to make it right and said you had to ship it, you should have negotiated that they eat the shipping both ways or they contact the area rep to get a prompt replacement in your hands.

So a looming question is did you buy these from the internet or from an official dealer? If you got them from an official dealer, did you make the effort of taking them to that dealer to let them make it right?

Something I teach in class: Safety devices can and do fail. Well you're light is a safety device, any light could fail at any juncture without notice.

You should have taken the company up on the opportunity to make things right with you instead of pitching the product in the trash. The least you could have done was get replacements and sell them on the web or to someone local, if this had been done properly Streamlight would be out the cost instead of you. It's impossible for them to trouble shoot any of their products if customers aren't willing to get the bad products back to them.

Call it lesson learned on your part. Perhaps you'll put that into practice the next time you have a bad experience with another company. If they pony up to make things right, take them up on it, especially if you can get them to eat all of the costs of correcting the problem. You can always dump the replacement product off on the market.

I have and use Surefire and Pelican lights. Ever since I became an EMT, in 1981, I've had a fetish about being able to see in the dark. I am a real big fan of the Pelican lights.They work well, have an excellent warranty, and the prices are reasonable.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by tbell6 View Post
    I've bought over a dozen different EDC lights, but for the last year I've carried a Fenix PD30 with two Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V rechagable LI-ION batteries. Small enough that it is always in my pocket. With multiple output up to 230 lumins it does all I ever need. The only drawback is not, Made in USA.
    On a lark I picked up a PD30 at a gun show a good while back and it was a mistake. It led to me having to purchase a PD10 and a PD20. I don't have a lot of experience with surefire's or other tacticool lights but I am very happy with the Fenix lights. Before I bought the first one I thought I had some good lights but I was mistaken. The Fenix lights are about half the price of a surefire of comparable performance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast