Level 3 serpa holster for a 1911?

Thread: Level 3 serpa holster for a 1911?

Question Level 3 serpa holster for a 1911?

I found a level 3 serpa holster for a 1911(fullsize, but it will fit a compact). I was wondering if you can carry the 1911 in the holster with the hammer back? For those who don't know the level 3 has a hood over the top of the pistol.

I'm looking at it for a OC holster and range holster, I'm going with the belt rig now but I'm ordering the drop leg set up.

Any information would be more then helpful, all the reviews of the holster are with glocks.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. You should be able to, since the hood will not interfere witht the beaver tail safety. I have a like model for my 92F, without the hood, very nice. It is bulky compared to the IWB type. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Any information would be more then helpful, all the reviews of the holster are with glocks.
    Imagine that.

I'm not a serpa fan, look at the Safariland ALS holsters. Much better design, and yes they are designed for locked & cocked 0n the 1911 models

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

I have never been a fan of any holster with retention devices. I had to do some draw testing with the various makes/models meant for a pistol with a light mounted and I felt the Safarilands were a much better design. With practice my draw speed and smoothness improved with all makes but I still didn't personally care for them. One of my co-workers swore by Safariland though for duty use.
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Lifer and Proud View Post
    I have never been a fan of any holster with retention devices. I had to do some draw testing with the various makes/models meant for a pistol with a light mounted and I felt the Safarilands were a much better design. With practice my draw speed and smoothness improved with all makes but I still didn't personally care for them. One of my co-workers swore by Safariland though for duty use.
    Yeah, this would more of a range,OC(once in s blue moon), hiking and if I ever decide I have a need to go hunting. I like the ALS level 3, I'm sure the 3.5 officer will fit in the government model holster.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!