looking for a better gun gelt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a better gun gelt

looking for a better gun gelt

I have tried normal belts which are too thing and a Blackhawk gun belt which is too thick (I have to slide my holster off the belt when I get to work). Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I have tried normal belts which are too thing and a Blackhawk gun belt which is too thick (I have to slide my holster off the belt when I get to work). Any ideas?
    I think it's your holster that should be in question. Won't even address a regular belt, gun belts HAVE to be very thick. What are you carrying and how are you carrying it? What exactly is the issue? The fact that you must remove for work? I'll assume your carrying IWB, even with a gun belt you shouldn't have to slide it off. But again impossible to make suggestions without know what holster you have.

It would depend on the slot size of your holster. If they are 1 3/4" you could try one of these Cabela's: Cabela's Garrison Belt
    I have one and it works great with a couple of my holsters.
    For my holsters that have slots too small for that I use one of these Cabela's: Cabela's Roughneck Jean Belt
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

Correct, I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster which is OWB. I like it and it's reasonably easy to slide on and off a normal belt. Basically what I am looking for is sort of an in between belt, not a whimpy dress belt but not quite the dinosaur hide thickness of an all out gunbelt. If there is such a thing. It would all be easier if I could just leave it on all day long but alas, no such luck.

Correct, I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster which is OWB. I like it and it's reasonably easy to slide on and off a normal belt. Basically what I am looking for is sort of an in between belt, not a whimpy dress belt but not quite the dinosaur hide thickness of an all out gunbelt. If there is such a thing. It would all be easier if I could just leave it on all day long but alas, no such luck.
    Have you tried using the paddle in place of the belt loop? I keep saying I'll try mine but too lazy to put it on. Personally I don't see how that can be comfortable but I know a lot of people use it. Why not just carry with tuckable IWB at work?

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Have you tried using the paddle in place of the belt loop? I keep saying I'll try mine but too lazy to put it on. Personally I don't see how that can be comfortable but I know a lot of people use it. Why not just carry with tuckable IWB at work?
    Because people at work already know that I have a CCW permit. If I got caught carrying at work I would be fired so quickly my head would be spinning.

I looked at the paddle and tried it but while it's nice that it stays in place so well once situated it also means that it's a B&&&& to get back put to take it off.

Because people at work already know that I have a CCW permit. If I got caught carrying at work I would be fired so quickly my head would be spinning.

I looked at the paddle and tried it but while it's nice that it stays in place so well once situated it also means that it's a B&&&& to get back put to take it off.
    Thats BS, I feel for ya......SmartCarry? What state are you in?

Tucker Gun Leather

I had one made by them that is double leather with velcro on the inside for my
    C-Tac IWB holsters with Velcro tabs. Great belt and not much different from
    a dress belt too look at.

Latigo Canyon Gun Belts - One Week Lead Time

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

I second the Latigo Canyon. I wear one everyday. 1.5" in Mahogany. Excellent belts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast