Still not comfortable - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still not comfortable

1. I started with IWB in the 2:00 position, but then got a tuckable hybrid (leather and kydex) holster for my Kahr CW9 and wear the weapon in the 4:00 position (just over my back pocket, a little toward the hip). With this setup it is so comfortable I actually have forgotten that I am wearing it at times, no kidding. I know there are several out there of this genre (Crossbreed, kholster, Mtac, etc.), but I picked one up from Old faithful holsters for $40 because they deliver within a week and are the cheapest. They all seem to be pretty much the same to me, some have a greater range of adjustment than the Old Faithful but it is working great for me.
    SN

Check out SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters I luv it and is comfortable sitting standing and driving!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    You don't want to "spend the $$$ for a Crossbreed or something like that". So, how's that different than:

I want to keep my grass green but don't want to pay for water.
    I'd love to have a perfectly luxurious riding car but don't want to spend more than I would for a Kia.
    I want the supurbly tasting wine but want to spend only as much as I would for a screw cap top bottle of the stuff.

Get the idea? I use a supertuck for my glocks and I'll never go back to any other holster, even the more expensive and lavish leather handmade ones made by a horse hide guru's... BTW, had an issue with one and they treated me like a king by replacing it with a new one that I received in LESS than a week after dropping into the mail box to them for repair! A perfect holster for concealment with supurb customer service. I could pay much, much more for a holster but why?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Are OWB holsters an option at all? They are bound to be less "pain in your butt" quite lirterally and can conceal reasonably well under things like a vest.

I would recommend a holster from FIST. Take a look at what they have on line. I have carried comparatively heavy revolvers (two of them) in their leather holsters using a velcro attached clip, and have found these to be the most comfortable holsters made. Why? Because unlike the Crossbreed or the Galco or any other common holster listed here, these holsters can be made of Kydex (which I find very uncomfortable) or leather, and if you get one with the velcro clip attachment, they can be worn in an infinite number of positions. I used mine both strong hand and crossdraw, just adjusted the clip. Having a pair in both left and right hand gave me tons of options. Cant was fully adjustable, as was ride height. Not only for one set of clothing, but for ANY clothing that I wore. Quality of the FIST holster is second to none. I have seen holsters as well made, but none better. Give them a call and tell them what you want.

BTW - I do NOT work for FIST. I just believe in their stuff.

You might consider an upside down shoulder holster for the 642. I had one made by Safariland years ago and wish I still had it. There are some companies that still make this type holster. I could wear the gun under my left arm pit and easily draw it with either hand.

Check out Kholster

They're similar to a crossbreed being leather backer with kydex gun pocket that locks into the triggerguard for retention, but they allow more holes for adjustment, and you can do your own custom "combat cut" according to the depth and cant you want it to ride at without voiding his EXCELLENT warranty (he's even been known to replace units the customers messed up when cutting).

It is a tuckable holster like the crossbreed, so it's really something that can be carried all the time. I also like it cause it's a little thinner than the crossbreeds, which is a definate plus for IWB.

You can use my coupon code 05-9197 and get 10% off (it gets me 25% off my next one and you'll get a code with your first purchase that works the same way). If the guns you have aren't listed, contact him anyway and he can still possiblly hook you up.

9. Your situation sounds very familiar! I finally landed with a PM9 in a Remora holster. Also go "up" just a little in size to a Taurus PT745, also in a Remora, and it feels "natural" like never before. In fact now I miss 'em when I'm not carrying at work. Maybe it would feel good for you, too?

Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster

Quote Originally Posted by LPC1625 View Post
    Check out Kholster

They're similar to a crossbreed being leather backer with kydex gun pocket that locks into the triggerguard for retention, but they allow more holes for adjustment, and you can do your own custom "combat cut" according to the depth and cant you want it to ride at without voiding his EXCELLENT warranty (he's even been known to replace units the customers messed up when cutting).

It is a tuckable holster like the crossbreed, so it's really something that can be carried all the time. I also like it cause it's a little thinner than the crossbreeds, which is a definate plus for IWB.

You can use my coupon code 05-9197 and get 10% off (it gets me 25% off my next one and you'll get a code with your first purchase that works the same way). If the guns you have aren't listed, contact him anyway and he can still possiblly hook you up.
    Kholster: +1 that! Also, they are on sale right now (as of 9-9-2011)! Don't waste time. He offers a warranty and easy to work with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast