IWB comparisons, opinions, and recommendations - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB comparisons, opinions, and recommendations

From those two choices go with the Crossbreed. That other one looks very uncomfortable.

I have only heard good things about the Super Tuck. I personally only like leather for EDC, and for leather my P2000sk fits great in the T&T Gunleather IWB. It is sort of a VMII clone but I like it better because it sits lower than the VMII.

By the way, go for combat cut. Regular cut is more difficult for draw (getting thumb between grip and leather backing). I have both horsehide and cowhide. I find cowhide much more comfortable and no problem with sweating through here is South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by mudshark100 View Post
    By the way, go for combat cut. Regular cut is more difficult for draw (getting thumb between grip and leather backing). I have both horsehide and cowhide. I find cowhide much more comfortable and no problem with sweating through here is South Carolina.
    I agree with the combat cut.
    I have both the cowhide & horsehide STs. However, I personally feel that horsehide has a "softer" and slightly cooler feel in the SC heat & humidity.

Own a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my SR9 & SR40. It works great for when I am wearing pants with a belt. I just got a Sticky Holster for when I am wearing sweats or gym shorts and so far am very impressed with it.

I personally like the Kholster over the crossbreed because it is more configurable and alterations do not void the warranty. You can cut, dye, adjust the kydex, whatever on the Kholster and if you ever need it replaced, no problem. Amazing thing is, even if it's your mistake.

So with a Kholster it's half the price of a crossbreed, more adjustment settings than a crossbreed, you can wear and test how you want it to ride, once you've found the ideal cant and depth you prefer you can do your own custom "combat cut" for allot tighter fit to the firearm than the cut provided by crossbreed that is made to accomidate all of the adjustments they allow rather than just the one setting you prefer, and the Kolster has a warranty that covers everything from materials to owner customization error.

Anyone with a Crossbreed in my opinion hasn't shopped around enough to hear of Kholster, or they're like a friend of mine that just liked the really snazzy crosses on the clips. He also tried to justify paying double by saying the leather is thicker. Last I checked, IWB holsters are better when they're thinner, and lifetime warranty leather is lifetime warranty leather so thicker leather is a non-point.

Anyone wanting a Kholster can use my rebate code for 10% off and that gets me 25% off my next Kholster. You'll get a rebate code with yours that works the same way. My rebate code is 05-9197.

Thanks again, everyone, for the continued feedback. I went with the CST, we'll see how it goes. LPC1625, thanks for the recommendation, Kholster doesn't make anything to fit my HKs yet.

Cheers,
    17Load
    "Praise the Load!"

Quote Originally Posted by 17Load View Post
    LPC1625, thanks for the recommendation, Kholster doesn't make anything to fit my HKs yet.

Cheers,
    17Load
    In the event that you buy one later, Kholster make them for the USP .40 and .45
    This is a complete list of every gun we cover

Thanks again to everyone for their inputs!

I went with the Crossbreed Supertuck and I've only had it a little over a week now. It's already feeling comfortable, although it's taking me several minutes to get the damn thing on and into a good spot. I imagine this will get easier as I get accustomed to putting it on.

I may, in the future, order a Raven for comparisons, but I think it's going to be hard to beat the Crossbreed.

Thanks again & stay safe out there!

17Load
    "Praise the Load!"

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    In the event that you buy one later, Kholster make them for the USP .40 and .45
    This is a complete list of every gun we cover
    Thank you for your direct reply - may I ask why you guys don't cover HK's smaller weapons? They are ideal to conceal. The HK P2KSK is almost identical in size to the Glock 27.

I assume it's just a numbers game about the number of requests for that model weapon, right?

Thanks!
    17Load
    "Praise the Load!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast