IWB comparisons, opinions, and recommendations
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB comparisons, opinions, and recommendations

Question IWB comparisons, opinions, and recommendations

Hey everyone, I know this topic has been talked about a lot here lately, but discussion is what forums are for, right!

I'm new to carrying and I've been doing a lot of research and YouTube watching for holsters. I think I've narrowed it down to 2 specific types of IWB holsters and I find myself sitting on the fence between the 2. Both have unique qualities but I am wondering if I could poll the USA Carry Forum family for any personal experience y'all may be able to offer. I don't think it matters, but for reference, I'm carrying the H&K P2000-SK.

The two that I'm dead locked between are the:
    - Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Modular holster (which can be configured for IWB and OWB)
    - Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!!!

Cheers!
    "Praise the Load!"

Get the Crossbreed.

I have the crossbreed super tuck. You will have to try different carry positions but once you find it they are comfortable. You will most likely need to buy pants one waist size larger. I carry a M&P 40c in mine.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

CrossBreed

Ok, 3 for 3 on the Crossbreed. Have any of you also tried the Raven Concealment System?

Thanks!!!
    "Praise the Load!"

I will also vote for the Crossbreed. I bought my Crossbreed to carry my full size 45 auto, and the Cross breed does a great job and is very comfortable. The only draw back is that it take about six weeks to get it after you order it, but its well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 17Load View Post
    Ok, 3 for 3 on the Crossbreed. Have any of you also tried the Raven Concealment System?

Thanks!!!
    +4 for CBST

I haven't tried the Raven. Why should I?

The CBST is so comfortable I find myself reaching down several times a day just to make sure I still have it on.

The CBST Deluxe works GREAT! BUT! Remember that what makes ANY IWB holster work it's best is a good "GUN" belt and comfortable clothes.

The way I figure it is: "If you find something that does EVERYTHING you want in a IWB holster why continue to look?"

The Crossbreed is EVERTHING people that own them say they are.

Wow, very compelling opinions - thanks, everyone!

Ok, so I'm going to put in an order for the CBST and belt. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

Cheers!
    "Praise the Load!"

Wow. OK first let me say my EDC is a Kel-Tec PF-9. Now, I have a Crossbreed Supertuck, a Crossbreed Minituck, a Comp-Tac Minotaur and a Nate 2 Tactical. I like each one for different reasons. The leather ones are comfortable but will sweat thru (even the horse hide). I will wear them in anything but summer. Here in SC it gets hot and humid. The Nate 2 Tactical is very comfortable and has a layer of material like what they make dive suits out of. I have never had a problem with bleed thru on that one. It only has one clip and I was worried about it floating around but it also has a suede backing that helps prevent this. The weapon side is a very soft and supple leather. My only problem with the Nate 2 Tactical is that the material that holds the weapon is a tight weave stretch material. When you draw it is nearly impossible to reholster. I spoke to the company about this and they said they are researching a new material along the lines of Kydex that will help. Yes, I know in a defensive situation you probably won't reholster so for some it may not be much of an issue.

My gun belt is from Comp-Tac and has a layer of Kydex sewn in between the leather. Very stiff but very strong.

Hope this helps.
    In any situation I can: Say nothing..which is cowardly, Lie..which is immoral or tell the truth..which will upset people.

11. Quote Originally Posted by 17Load View Post

Thanks!!!
    Yes,
    I own both and I use the crossbreed, the raven is nice and works well with smaller sidearms but I carry actual size

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast