Anyone Ever Wear Body Armor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Ever Wear Body Armor?

echo_5 Guest
    I have a second job clerking at a liquor store PT. It pays for my gun fetish. I wore my vest once when I was closing the store to get a feel for it. It doesn't work well w/ IWB. It sits on top of my pistol, hindering my draw and it sucks when bending/moving/lifting to stock the cooler. I'm glad I have one for SHTF but it's uncomfortable to wear every day.

-my $.02

3. My vest sits in a corner and I use it for a safe backstop while loading and un-loading my weapons! :joia:

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I I was wondering if any of you wear it, or have worn it. Is it comfortable? Does it restrict movement at all?
    Every damn day for the last 6 months and yes it restricts and is heavy, hot, uncomfortable but it will stop a 7.62X39 AK round.

All geared up I am 80 pounds heavier helmet, flak, ammo, sapi plates, etc.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Body Armor

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    I thought it was illegal.....

No it is not illegal. If you want it beter get it before it is.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    No it is not illegal. If you want it better get it before it is.

I always heard the same rumor but never looked into seeing if it was true or not.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

body armor is uncomfortable

I wore B/A while on active duty in the middle east. It is uncomfortable. Sweat breaks it down. You don't want it till you need it. When you need it, you don't have it.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I have

worn them on duty in east fort worth. {why is it always the east side?:huh:**
    they are bulky, hot and i would not wear one unless i was going to be in a position where things could get froggy. on the east side though, i would have prefered to patrol in a tank... even a russkie one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12