What size to conceal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size to conceal?

What size to conceal?

Hello,does anyone carry an XDm .40 @ 4 or 5 o'clock? I am looking @ the .40 3.8 compact. Just wondering if the 3/4" is a big difference. The XDm isnt to bad except for when driving for long periods of time. I typically carry IWB at the hip.[considering the m-tac] THANKS in advance.

I would say it depends on the holster. I recently got a Galco Kingtuk and my full size Glock 17 is just as comfortable as my sub compact 26 riding at 4-5 o'clock.

its not the lenght of the barrel to consider .. its if the grip sticks out too much .. i carry a Glock G19 which has a 4in barrel at 4 O'clock IWB with just a Tee shirt on .. people are not looking for it .. maybe another CC person might notice, not the general public .. i use Grandfather Oak holsters .. they are Kydex and very comfortable for me .. plus they are quick to put on and take off .. which is a big plus to me ..

5. Carrying a full length gun isn't usually an issue for me to conceal when carrying IWB. The barrel and most of the slide are hidden already. The only potential problems I can see is more of comfort than concealment. If the barrel and slide are too long, they end up poking in places best left not poked. None of the XD's I've handled were long enough to cause me any concern in that area but it really depends on how you are built, exactly where you carry it and what your tolerance is for the discomfort of carrying IWB is to begin with.

6. I'm not sure what my deal is but I couldn't even carry a pf9 or a cm9 iwb. I didn't want to risk ordering one online and paying to much for something ill hate so I've only tried 2, an uncle mikes and a stiffer leather one but it felt so uncomfortable. I'm gonna try and find a good small of the back one as I tend to Mexican carry there when I don't ankle carry.

IMO the smaller the holster the better. Like high noon holsters. More holster = more to hide and more uncomfortable ime. If it's a small gun. A larger full size gun needs a bigger holster. But I carry a Glock 27 easily with comfort.

Thanks everyone, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion:238516
    I'm not sure what my deal is but I couldn't even carry a pf9 or a cm9 iwb. I didn't want to risk ordering one online and paying to much for something ill hate so I've only tried 2, an uncle mikes and a stiffer leather one but it felt so uncomfortable. I'm gonna try and find a good small of the back one as I tend to Mexican carry there when I don't ankle carry.
    Probably sounds like a broken record, but you should not Mexican carry...ever.

I would never Mex. carry looks to hazardous, even for an experienced shooter. I do however carry a makarov cross draw on occasion when travelling long distance.

I have no issues concealing a full size glock 21 in a cleveland iwb holster. No issues so far. Find what you are comfortable with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast